cleared, then busted

Old November 18th 03, 08:12 AM
Peter Duniho

"'Vejita' S. Cousin" wrote in message
[...] I have NEVER had a
problem with ATC and have never not been allowed into the clas B. Yet I
read/heard abot all kinds of problems with out ATC system.

Well, ATC is a big system. And it's human nature to talk about the
problems, so of course you're going to hear about the problems. But, if you
heard about all the successes as well as all the failures, you wouldn't be
able to remember the failures, for all the reports of successes you had to
listen to.

Pete

Old November 18th 03, 08:51 AM
Jeff

I did not vote for Bush, I would rather have a president in bed with his
intern then in bed with Big Business and screwing over the little people.

Peter Gottlieb wrote:

Didn't someone here say that most pilots are Republican? I assume a large
percentage of those voted for the current administration, right?

I call it as I see it: this administration is screwing GA big time, and
their record in other areas doesn't look much better.

I like it when there is some degree of gridlock in Washington, like the
White House in the power of one party and Congress another. This tends to
slow down new legislation, which is almost always a good thing. But now
with one party in control, things seem to be getting worse rapidly. A
number of posters told me a while ago (when I made a similar comment) that
it would be better if the Republicans had complete control. I'm waiting.
Just when are things going to get better? Or at least stop getting worse?

I wish there was something *effective* we could do.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Unbelievable.

What a screwed up mess.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 18th 03, 11:26 AM
Bob Noel

In article ESgub.7613$iS6.4844@fed1read04, "R. Hubbell"
wrote:

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive.../148-full.html
I guess we shouldn't be surprised, but wow!

I can imagine the phone call the airport managers might get.
"Hi we're from the FAA, we are here to help"

followed by "we aren't happy until you're not happy"

--
Bob Noel
Old November 18th 03, 04:54 PM
Jay Honeck

Now you're catching on!

Those 600 pilots aren't looking quite so stupid now, are they?

Well, let's just split the blame in half then, shall we? Perhaps 300 stupid
pilots plus 300 screwed-up controllers? (I'll bet it's more like 590 to 10,
but who knows?)

Either way, we (not "they"), as pilots in command, have a BIG problem, and
we can either fix it, or we can wait for the FAA to fix it for us.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 18th 03, 06:05 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

Well, let's just split the blame in half then, shall we? Perhaps 300 stupid
pilots plus 300 screwed-up controllers? (I'll bet it's more like 590 to 10,
but who knows?)

Unlikely. In the past, we heard about it on the news every time a pilot screwed
up in other matters. I think the security agencies behind the ADIZ would make
sure that the media will hear about every time a pilot screws up with it. Since
600 ADIZ violations works out to something around 1 a day, and we hear about
one every few months, I'd bet it's about 590 ATC or NG mistakes versus 10 cases
of pilot error. Or maybe 50 ATC errors, 10 pilot errors, and 540 fabricated
incidences to make the "problem" seem severe.

George Patterson
The actions taken by the New Hampshire Episcopalians (ie. inducting a gay
bishop) are an affront to Christians everywhere. I am just thankful that
the church's founder, Henry VIII, and his wife Catherine of Aragon, and his
wife Anne Boleyn, and his wife Jane Seymour, and his wife Anne of Cleves,
and his wife Katherine Howard, and his wife Catherine Parr are no longer
here to suffer through this assault on traditional Christian marriages.
Old November 18th 03, 07:58 PM
Rosspilot

the entire British
healthcare system is still much less expensive than the collection of US
systems (so why am I still living here?)

Because you can fly for 1/3 of what it would cost in the UK?

www.Rosspilot.com

Old November 18th 03, 08:03 PM
John T

"Rosspilot" wrote in message

Because you can fly for 1/3 of what it would cost in the UK?

Part of that "economy at large" he was talking about. Gotta pay for those
massive gubment programs somehow...

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/tknoFlyer