Cal Tax Exemption

Old January 25th 04, 08:16 PM
Gary L

Default Cal Tax Exemption

Just got my Exemption paperwork and it includes a new requirement for
"Certificates of Attendance" for last year, I didn't get anything like that
at the events, is this a retro requirement for last year?

Old January 26th 04, 04:23 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article k.net,
"Gary L" wrote:

Just got my Exemption paperwork and it includes a new requirement for
"Certificates of Attendance" for last year, I didn't get anything like that
at the events, is this a retro requirement for last year?

It sounds like an attempt by the local tax man to circumvent your tax
exemption.
Old January 26th 04, 06:10 PM
Jim Weir

Unfortunately, it is not. The Californicate legislature, in its infinite
wisdom, passed this little jewel of a clause in the September session. THe
kicker is that NEXT year's exemption is based on LAST year's exhibitions.

My county assessor said that of COURSE you can't be held liable for something
you were supposed to do before the law passed (something about "ex post facto")
and that a letter to that effect THIS year would suffice.

Next year, however, every place you exhibit has to sign off that you were really
there. EAA has been advised and is planning on how to take care of the national
and regional shows.

Can't you just see Tom P. signing 25,000 certificates in the middle of that zoo
in July {;-)

Jim

Orval Fairbairn

-In article k.net,
-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old January 26th 04, 08:09 PM
Gary L

If that's the case, maybe the alphabet organizations should post
certificates as pdf files on the web.

-

Old January 27th 04, 08:12 AM
Chris

Our EAA chapter is having a display day each month. I hear that other
chapters are planning to do the same thing.
www.eaa1279.org

--
Chris Viningre
www.chrisviningre.com
link.net...

-

Old January 27th 04, 02:38 PM
Cy Galley

I'll sign them. All they want is some one with a little authority and I
have as little as anyone!GRIN
Just stop by the Emergency Aircraft Repair at AirVenture (Oshokosh)
--
Cy Galley, TC - Chair, Emergency Aircraft Repair, Oshkosh
Editor, EAA Safety Programs

Always looking for articles for the Experimenter soon to be Sport Pilot

-