ClearNav CNv Club Software Release

Old June 1st 13, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

Default ClearNav CNv Club Software Release

CNv Club Software is now available for download at

http://www.clearnav.net/main/cn-downloads.html

Please read the release notes and instructions. You will want the vario software as well as the companion PC configuration tool (also updated).

Good Soaring & Good Variometry!

Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old June 2nd 13, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

I flew the new CNv software (2.1.1281) for a couple of hours yesterday and sent the following report back to CNi HQ: "It's freaking perfect!".

I no longer take circles in trash and wonder what on earth my (old vario) was thinking. Wind information makes my (old vario) look stone age. Audio deadbands are working well.

What isn't perfect is the PC configuration utility. It works fine for me but some people continue to have issues with it. If you have issues, please contact me, I'll sort you out. Email or post to CN forum.

Evan Ludeman for CNi

Old June 5th 13, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim - 77

On Friday, May 31, 2013 7:01:53 PM UTC-4, Evan Ludeman wrote:
CNv Club Software is now available for download at

http://www.clearnav.net/main/cn-downloads.html

Please read the release notes and instructions. You will want the vario software as well as the companion PC configuration tool (also updated).

Good Soaring & Good Variometry!

Evan Ludeman for CNi

I followed the directions and the update went as advertised this morning. I flew this afternoon on a blue day with strong wind and the CNv really helped

I have only had 4 flights in our ASW27 with CN Display and Vario so obviously I have much to learn...but

the first half hour was survival mode, the second a little bette, then late in the day the temps high enough to fight the wind shear....I really felt that the vario was helping me....I am going to like it a lot

Jim Price
Old June 5th 13, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:17:43 PM UTC-4, Jim - 77 wrote:
[...]

Glad you like it Jim!

A couple of quick notes:

1. There's an update to the PC config utility (2.1) available now on our downloads page that fixes a couple of irksome bugs.

2. There's an issue with the logic for the spoiler/gear warning that may cause the spoiler warning to turn on at the end of your rollout.

Good Soaring!

Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old June 5th 13, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hints from my install:

Make sure the vario software number is the same as the display software number. Both display on boot up. It is possible that the vario software updates, and the display software does not update.

Don't turn the volume knob during software updates or while the vario boots up.

Check all your settings after software update -- time constants, altitude, etc. The software update can reset these with strange results. Bugs = 0 rather than 100% is especially interesting

John Cochrane
Old June 5th 13, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:21:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hints from my install:

Make sure the vario software number is the same as the display software number. Both display on boot up. It is possible that the vario software updates, and the display software does not update.

Don't turn the volume knob during software updates or while the vario boots up.

Check all your settings after software update -- time constants, altitude, etc. The software update can reset these with strange results. Bugs = 0 rather than 100% is especially interesting

John Cochrane

It's not bad practice to double check, but this isn't normal behavior on the part of the update process. Not sure what's going on with BB's vario, but we should probably handle that off line.

Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old June 5th 13, 10:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pcool

It would be a good practice for ClearNav to setup and use a support forum
for their customers, instead of using the usenet.
Guess what would happen if all software and hardware manufacturers would
open a thread each time a customer ask for a question.
But the reason CN is doing this, as we see it from europe, is to tease
people showing someone is actually using the unit, and it is never a good
sign.
my 2cents

Old June 5th 13, 11:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 5:54:50 AM UTC-4, pcool wrote:
It would be a good practice for ClearNav to setup and use a support forum

for their customers, instead of using the usenet.

Guess what would happen if all software and hardware manufacturers would

open a thread each time a customer ask for a question.

But the reason CN is doing this, as we see it from europe, is to tease

people showing someone is actually using the unit, and it is never a good

sign.

my 2cents

Right, the best use for r.a.s. is slagging off others. You're the man, Paolo!

N.B. our forum is at http://clearnav.net/simplemachinesforum/, and I prefer to deal with support issues there for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the clutter factor on r.a.s.

Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old June 5th 13, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pcool

You have not been slagged off, Evan.
I like to read any kind of information about any hardware, including CN you
represent.
The sense of my post was clear enough I think. Anyway, it is your business
not mine, so I am not the man: you are the man.
ciao
paolo

Old June 5th 13, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

On 06/05/2013 5:54 AM, pcool wrote:
It would be a good practice for ClearNav to setup and use a support
forum for their customers, instead of using the usenet.
Guess what would happen if all software and hardware manufacturers would
open a thread each time a customer ask for a question.
But the reason CN is doing this, as we see it from europe, is to tease
people showing someone is actually using the unit, and it is never a
good sign.
my 2cents

I couldn't disagree more Paulo. This is a soaring usenet group - its
refreshing to actually have a discussion that relates to our sport in a
positive manner! This is what usenet was created for in the first
place! I am not a CNV user, I have a competing product in my ship,
regardless of that I follow the development of CNV and others with great
interest.

Cheers,
Luke Szczepaniak