Need Pre-Buy Shop in Michigan or Ohio

Old July 14th 03, 08:30 PM
Roger Halstead

Default Need Pre-Buy Shop in Michigan or Ohio

On 27 Jun 2003 02:57:39 -0700, (Patty)
wrote:

Jizhong:

Try Calling Brian Eklund at Suburban Aviation at the Toledo Suburban
Airport. They're a Cessna Service Station and Brian knows the Cessna
Aircraft like the back of his hand. The Airport is also very close to
the Ohio border if you need to take delivery in Ohio.

As for sales tax. . . visit
http://advocatetax.com for tax
information. You want to do this right or you'll have a nasty battle
on your hands. (Speaking from experience here!)

When I purchased my Deb in Indiana I had the choice of paying the
sales tax there or in Michigan. If purchased out of state (at that
time) you had to choice of paying the tax in either state. You could
not send a Michigan plane to Ind, let the transaction take place there
and then bring it back to Michigan without paying Mi sales tax. Doing
that you actually ran the risk of having to pay it in both states, or
at least getting billed.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2).

..

For purchasing information, visit http://www.airplanenoise.com and
you can download teleclasses about financing, insurance, tax planning
(and sales tax planning) etc.

Patty

wrote in message . ..
I have a chance to buy a 1979 Skylane with runout engine in Ann Arbor
MI. Need a shop that's responsible, knowledgeable and thorough. The
reason to close the deal and take delivery at Ohio is that I heard
there is a casual sales tax exemption.

Thanks a lot for the help. Please reply to

Jizhong

State Of Michigan Sales/Use Tax Rich S. Home Built 0 August 9th 04 04:41 PM
Shop Layout Questions GreenPilot Home Built 37 July 6th 04 02:47 PM
Ohio museum celebrates military flight Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 December 15th 03 12:41 AM
Ohio Emeraude down Rich S. Home Built 9 November 3rd 03 03:31 PM
US Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio Research Dr Bach General Aviation 0 August 19th 03 04:23 PM