Big Bertha Thing blogs

Old November 22nd 05, 03:13 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.aviation.owning

Default Big Bertha Thing blogs

Big Bertha Thing gamma
Cosmic Ray Series
Possible Real World System Constructs
http://web.onetel.com/~tonylance/gamma.html
Access page JPG 81K Image
Astrophysics net ring Access site
Newsgroup Reviews inluding alt.sci.planetary

Round photographic plates.

Caption;-
A photograph of the tracks of electrons,
ejected by the gamma rays from radium,
after these had been filtered, through 2.5 cm. of steel.
Some of the electrons have energies of 1 MeV.
The photograph was taken, with a magnetic field of 12,000 oersteds.

From a book by
J.D.Stranathan Ph.D.,
Professor of Physics and Chairman of
Department, University of Kansas.
The "Particles" of Modern Physics.
(C) Copyright The Blakston Co. 1942

Big Bertha Thing effort

If you see someone slogging away, but doing it all wrong.
Please remember, a great effort, with no results,
is worth more than a great result with no effort.
The first is purchased at great cost and the latter,
in terms of cost, is worthless.

(C) Copyright Tony Lance 1997.
To comply with my copyright,
please distribute complete and free of charge.

Tony Lance

Big Bertha Thing Christmas

The Twelve Days of Christmas (see below)

From a Charles Dickens Birthday Book
The Langham Birthday Books
Leopold B Hill, Langham Place, W. London.
Compiled by B.W.Matz
Printed in Great Britain by The Woodbridge Press Ltd.,
Guildford.
Purchased for Christmas in 1921

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to Mods and CP Conf.

(C) Copyright Tony Lance 1997
To comply with my copyright please distribute complete
and free of charge.

The Twelve Days of Christmas

December 18th
May the green holly-tree flourish, striking its roots
deep into our English ground, and having its germinating
qualities carried by the birds of Heaven all over the world!
The Holly Tree
December 19th
Seasonable tokens are about.... Lavish profusion in the
shops; particularly in the articles of currants, raisins,
spices, candied peel, and miost sugar.
Edwin Drood
December 20th
Christmas was close at hand, in all his bluff and hearty
honesty; it was the season of hospitality, merriment, and
open heartedness.
The Pickwick Papers
December 21st
And numerous indeed are the hearts to which Christmas
brings a brief season of happiness and enjoyment.... How
many old recollections, and how many dormant sympathies, does
Christmas time awaken.
The Pickwick Papers
December 22nd
It is good to be children sometimes, and never better
than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child Himself.
A Christmas Carol
December 23rd
Christmas time! That man must be a misanthrope indeed
in whose breast something like a jovial feeling is not
roused-, in whose mind some pleasant associations are not
awakened- by the reccurence of Christmas.
Sketches by Boz
December 24th
I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep
it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present and
the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within
me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach.
A Christmas Carol
December 25th
A Christmas family party! We know nothing in nature more
delightful! There seems a magic in the very name of
Christmas.... Would that Christmas lasted the whole year
through!
Sketches by Boz
December 26th
Let the benignant figure of my childhood stand unchanged!
In every cheerful image and suggestion that the season brings,
may the bright star that rested above the poor roof, be the
star of all the Christian world.
A Christmas Tree
December 27th
Another Christmas come, another year gone!... More figures
in the lengthening sum of recollection that we work and work
at to our torment, till death idly jumbles all together, and
rules all out.
The Haunted Man
December 28th
The windows of the house of Memory and the windows of
the house of Mercy are not so easily closed as windows of
glass and wood. They fly open unexpectedly; they rattle in
the night.
Somebody's Luggage
December 29th
Who seeks to turn him (Time) back, or stay him on his course,
arrests a mighty engine, which will strike the meddler dead,
and be the fiercer and the wilder, ever, for its momentary
check!
The Chimes