SPOT recall

Old December 15th 09, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_9_]

Default SPOT recall

December 14, 2009

Dear Valued Partner,

Spot LLC is dedicated to providing the highest quality and best
performance products to our customers, therefore,
Spot LLC will be conducting a voluntary product return on any new
model SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger � (SPOT-2)
purchased since October 1, 2009. During recent testing, we discovered
that some of the new SPOT-2 devices might not
meet battery and messaging operating specifications.

Replacement product will be available in early 2010. Spot LLC
guarantees we will exchange your customer�s product free
of charge and will be diligently managing the exchange process direct
with approximately 1800 impacted customers.
We will be instructing all customers to return their product directly
to SPOT (see www.findmespot.com/exchange for details).
In addition, Spot LLC will work with you directly to meet your
replacement product needs as soon as new product is available.

This notice does not affect the original SPOT Satellite Personal
Tracker (SPOT-1) devices. Customers can easily identify
the unaffected SPOT-1 product as it is clearly marked as the SPOT
Personal Tracker. The operating condition does not
apply to any other SPOT products.

Your Spot Distribution Manager will contact you with more details on
the exchange process.

Sincerely,

The SPOT Team

SPOT Distribution Managers by Region:

Jake Rembert
Vice President, Sales
408-933-4495 office
Email:

US Southwest
Donnie Hatch
Office: (360) 834-7972
Email:

US South Central and Southeast
Adam Eckstein
Office: (561) 483-7618
Email:

US Northeast
Greg Wilkinson
Office: (519) 472-4018
Email:

Tom Knauff
Old December 17th 09, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

Rats! And I have been recommending that people buy SPOT-2 devices
over the older SPOT-1. Oh well, at least SPOT is being proactive
about the issue ;-)

Frank