OSH question

Old November 15th 04, 07:58 PM
Bill Chernoff

Default OSH question

I am thinking about getting a booth at OSH to show off our Digital Readouts
(see www.star-techno.com) . I have heard both good and bad things about
being a vendor there. Bad: booth costs $2500 for 10x10, Good: tons and tons
of people.

Does anyone know how many attendees are actually builders, as its not the
general public that buys our wares.

Also, I have heard that they will let anyone into the halls to be vendors,
ie hot tub salesmen, and stay-sharp forever knives, etc. Is there a
technical/aircraft builder-only hall, or is it all mixed up?

thanks

Bill Chernoff

Old November 15th 04, 09:08 PM
Ron Natalie

Bill Chernoff wrote:

Does anyone know how many attendees are actually builders, as its not the
general public that buys our wares.

Can't vouch for the number of builders as a percentage of the attendees, but
a good pecentage of those building or planning to build come to Oshkosh I
would suspect.

Of course, there are several posters here who are exhibiters who can probalby
give a better critique from the other side of the table.

Also, I have heard that they will let anyone into the halls to be vendors,
ie hot tub salesmen, and stay-sharp forever knives, etc. Is there a
technical/aircraft builder-only hall, or is it all mixed up?

Unfortunately, not. Not only is it not segregated, some of the non-aviation
crap shows up in multiple locations throughout the exhibit area.

Old November 15th 04, 10:26 PM
Morgans

"Ron Natalie" wrote

Unfortunately, not. Not only is it not segregated, some of the

non-aviation
crap shows up in multiple locations throughout the exhibit area.

Don't paint too negative of a picture. IMHO, in the A,B,C and D buildings,
*most* of the vendors are aviation related. Now, the fly market is another
story, mostly junk, but some good deals on junk! :-o)
--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 16th 04, 12:18 AM
Ron Natalie

Don't paint too negative of a picture. IMHO, in the A,B,C and D buildings,
*most* of the vendors are aviation related. Now, the fly market is another
story, mostly junk, but some good deals on junk! :-o)

Plenty of junk sellers in the inside buildings as well. However, the Fly
Market is a wretched hive of scum and villainry.
Old November 16th 04, 02:44 AM
D. Reid

However, the Fly
Market is a wretched hive of scum and villainry. snip

Ohhh...my kinda people. I should fit right in. (or so i've been told).

I guess the days of a homebuilder "Scrunging" and "straggling" for parts are
over.
So sad. I kinda had my eye on that really SWELL two seater ...I think they
call it the..."Pietenpol". Has it been on the market long? Wonder if you
could hang a "Corvair" motor on the front...nahhhhhh...probably not. It dont
spin the right way. Just wishful thinking.

:-)

m...

Old November 16th 04, 04:24 AM
Morgans

"D. Reid" wrote

So sad. I kinda had my eye on that really SWELL two seater ...I think they
call it the..."Pietenpol". Has it been on the market long? Wonder if you
could hang a "Corvair" motor on the front...nahhhhhh...probably not. It

dont
spin the right way. Just wishful thinking.

:-)

The Corvair engine is a top choice for the Piet. Don't say that with BoB
around, or he will never forget it. Ya' know, like an elephant. g
--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 16th 04, 02:34 PM
nafod40

Ron Natalie wrote:

Don't paint too negative of a picture. IMHO, in the A,B,C and D
buildings,
*most* of the vendors are aviation related. Now, the fly market is
another
story, mostly junk, but some good deals on junk! :-o)

Plenty of junk sellers in the inside buildings as well. However, the Fly
Market is a wretched hive of scum and villainry.

Them's fighting words. The Navy Recruiting Command was invited to
Oshkosh at the last minute last year, and originally we were going to
have the booth out next to the Blue Angels sim ride at KidVenture. We
squawked a little, and they agreed to put us at some prime real estate
in...Flymart. So I spent a few days watching some guy sell ladders to
unsuspecting plane people. I was witness to an almost fist fight when I
guy who sells spring loaded awnings for chairs had a difference of
opinion with one of his former distributors. (I was there for other
things, but hung my hat at the recruiting booth).

Ignore the total number of people coming through, and ask yourself,
"What percentage of people on this planet who would buy my product come
to Oshkosh?" Probably non-negligible.

Looking at your web site, I think your products fits into Halls A, B, C
or D nicely.

Old November 19th 04, 07:07 PM
john smith

I visited the Navy booth at AV2003.
They had some of the best "give-aways"... chem light sticks, carabiners,
etc.

Old November 20th 04, 02:07 AM
Dave Hyde

john smith wrote...

I visited the Navy booth at AV2003.
They had some of the best "give-aways"... chem light sticks, carabiners,
etc.

Free travel, luxury cruises, etc...

Dave 'lux interior' Hyde

with no apologies to The Cramps

A question on Airworthiness Inspection Dave S Home Built 1 August 10th 04 05:07 AM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Question for Squirrel the Lurker jls Home Built 0 January 30th 04 03:41 PM
Zenith Zodiac XL question Mick Home Built 4 January 14th 04 06:47 PM
Tecumseh Engine Mounting Question jlauer Home Built 7 November 16th 03 02:51 AM