Ground School Presentations & Safety Content

Old May 13th 14, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jamie Shore

Default Ground School Presentations & Safety Content

The Soaring Club of Houston is interested in sharing the following content that can be found on our public website, scoh.org

Ground School Presentations
Direct Link http://goo.gl/v6oFPY
Path scoh.org About SCOH Ground School Presentations

Safety Content
Direct Link http://goo.gl/3sqSP7
Path scoh.org About SCOH Ground School Presentations

We are interested in your feedback as well as sharing your resources. If your club is willing, we would like to provide links from our website to your content on your website or files in the cloud. Sharing ground school presentations makes it easier on current ground school instructors and gives people working on their instructor rating a place to start as they prepare their lessons.

If you have favorite places that you like to visit to read about safety related concepts, please share and I'll add your links to our website.

Please contact me if you would like to participate.

Jamie Shore
jamieshore7 at gmail dot com
Webmaster, Soaring Club of Houston

Old May 13th 14, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Does anyone have a better link to the videos used in the 'Landouts' presentations than http://www.ssa.org/Default.asp?embed...on/safety.html
Old May 13th 14, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

Jamie,
None of the links given are functional.
Old May 13th 14, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 1:12:11 PM UTC-4, Soartech wrote:
Jamie,

None of the links given are functional.

I was able to get to the presentations by starting from the club web page.
These look good! Thanks!

Matt
Old May 13th 14, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Metcalfe

At 17:12 13 May 2014, Soartech wrote:
Jamie,
None of the links given are functional.

Funny ... they worked for me ... but then I'm in the UK; does that
make a difference?

Old May 14th 14, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 1:12:11 PM UTC-4, Soartech wrote:

None of the links given are functional.

The first link in the Landout Risk slides is live for me. Perhaps success depends on what program you're using to view the file. I'm using the pdf viewer in the Chrome browser.

Old May 14th 14, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:05:13 AM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 1:12:11 PM UTC-4, Soartech wrote:

None of the links given are functional.

I should have said none of the VIDEO links are functional.
The Goo.GL links simply timeout with nothing recieved and the video links in the landout presentations show blank screens.

Ground School Syllabus? Terry Pitts Soaring 2 July 1st 13 03:29 AM
Ground Launch School KS Soaring 0 June 4th 13 02:00 PM
Ground School - Safety and more - Saturday Jan 28 RL Soaring 0 January 25th 12 03:10 PM
Safety at 141 school [email protected] Piloting 8 July 13th 05 02:15 PM
GGS ground school Bill Beckham Soaring 0 January 11th 05 11:57 PM