Soaring Adventures Difficulties, Anyone Else?

Old November 30th 15, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

Default Soaring Adventures Difficulties, Anyone Else?

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty in contacting, and getting paid by Soaring adventures?

SF
Old November 30th 15, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.aviation.soaring/soaring$20adventures/rec.aviation.soaring/-yUB1GVuK3E/Fr1_1zDzMq8J

Old November 30th 15, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

Prior to now, we have been paid.
Currently they are past due on a couple of rides
And
They are not talking to us or responding to our e-mails about when payment will be made when we try to discuss this with them. I don't mind waiting for payment when people talk to me. The not talking is a very big red flag.
SO
We will not accept any more ride tickets from them until they get their account current, and talk to us.

SF

Old November 30th 15, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

If you google the typical social networking sites for services (Yelp, Trip Advisor, etc.) you'll see a fairly consistent level of ****ed off customers and operators. I know that the FBO I work at from time to time parted company with them quite a while ago because of too many problems.

P3
Old December 1st 15, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

I make them pay me in advance with a card over the phone. No problem.

Boggs
Old December 1st 15, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

our club has had several problem with this organization. Primarily because they claim to represent us to their customers, say that they have an arrangement with us and we will always accept their ride coupons.

In addition the company has used several different names over the last few years to try and get clear of a bad reputation.

They pay a fee to Google to show up first when you search for "Glider rides (put any city here)". They even claim to offer rides in cities that have no glider operation!!

We patiently tell the certificate holders that we only accept gift certificates issued by our club and if they have already paid the company, have them, SA, contact us to purchase a certificate that we will then honor. A real hassle.
Old December 1st 15, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 9:49:22 PM UTC-7, SoaringXCellence wrote:
our club has had several problem with this organization. Primarily because they claim to represent us to their customers, say that they have an arrangement with us and we will always accept their ride coupons.

In addition the company has used several different names over the last few years to try and get clear of a bad reputation.

They pay a fee to Google to show up first when you search for "Glider rides (put any city here)". They even claim to offer rides in cities that have no glider operation!!

We patiently tell the certificate holders that we only accept gift certificates issued by our club and if they have already paid the company, have them, SA, contact us to purchase a certificate that we will then honor. A real hassle.

You are not discussing the same business entity as SF.

Frank Whiteley
Old December 1st 15, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Soaring Adventures of America (800soaring), correct?
Old December 1st 15, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Soaring Adventures of America (800soaring), correct?
Old December 1st 15, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 11:26:14 AM UTC-7, Papa3 wrote:
Soaring Adventures of America (800soaring), correct?

You are discussing the right company. SoaringXCellence is not.

I'm aware of soaring organizations that have had good and bad experiences with both, but this one not so much. I think both enterprises sell more into the hot air ballooning, and perhaps into the sky diving, experiences.

Thanks for suggesting the review sites. I see both good and bad and owner responsiveness in several cases.

Frank Whiteley