hi alt oxygen

Old March 17th 04, 02:54 PM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
(QDurham) writes:
Then there was the time that we were driving the Mammoths down past
Lake Umbagog to Mooslucmeguntic. Well, what with the glaciers & all,
the bridge pilings were looking mighty shakey. ANd there's nothing
crankier than a wet Mammoth. (THey don't swim so well - the hair bogs
'em down.) So I looked the situation over, and figured that if I stood
on the ice, I could sorta prop things up as the Mammoths crossed.
Well, things went O.K. for the first two, but Jumbo was #3, and his
weight drove my feet plumb throught the ice. If I hadn't been so good
at treading water...

Thank you for making that clear. I bet you could fill us in on that rare
French feline, the "épeé-toothed tiger."

Ah, yes. the Mahairdontinow Smilodon Gallis. An elegant creature, for
a more civilized time. Not so random or clumsy as Appalachian
Culverin...

We did see a few of them. Some apparently migrated to what's now
Canada across the Polar Ice Bridge, and, with the abundant supplies of
Salmon, Frogs, and Gastropods, set up A colony in the Eastern part of
the Contitnent. Many, however, considered to climate too extreme, and
pushed further South, settling in what is now Louisiana in the
Mississippi Delta region. Unfortunately, the Epee-Toothed Tigre has
fallen t0 the same fate as it cousin, the Sabre Toothed Tiger - in
order to gain needed supplements to its diet, it needed to
occasionally eat an Honest Politician.

--
Pete Stickney
Did I ever tell you the one about the Travelling Mammoth Hunter and
Old March 28th 04, 04:02 PM
David Lesher

"Tex Houston" writes:

Could always buy a Jaguar, they certainly do a supercharged version.

--
James...

Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo.

It's supercharged, or turbocharged?
Non-minor difference.

--
A host is a host from coast to
Old March 28th 04, 04:57 PM
Tex Houston

"David Lesher" wrote in message
"Tex Houston" writes:

Could always buy a Jaguar, they certainly do a supercharged version.

--
James...

Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo.

It's supercharged, or turbocharged?
Non-minor difference.

Turbocharged, but if the idea is to compensate for the thinner air at
altitude or increase air pressure at all altitudes both techniques work.
There are also supercharger kits for the Cruiser (at least there were ones
developed when the PT was new). Mine has nearly 50,000 miles.

I prefer the supercharger techniques myself but anyone who can match engines
with what units are available and still retain the drivability is way beyond
my skill level.

Tex