B-17 Memorial display at Cincinnati

Old January 28th 11, 11:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default B-17 Memorial display at Cincinnati

Does anyone have an image that they could post of this aircraft.
I'm curios to see what it looks like in its current state.
Their website is not of much use, and neither is google (so far)
Old January 29th 11, 04:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Trajan[_2_]

Hell, I live in Ohio and wasn't even aware of it...
Bill Wolcott

eb.com...

Old January 29th 11, 06:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
n0i

On 1/28/2011 6:43 PM, Glenn wrote:
Does anyone have an image that they could post of this aircraft.
I'm curios to see what it looks like in its current state.
Their website is not of much use, and neither is google (so far)

Link to their site please? I might be able to find out...

n0i
Old January 29th 11, 08:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

"Glenn" wrote in news:4d43548f$0$29987$c3e8da3
:

Does anyone have an image that they could post of this aircraft.
I'm curios to see what it looks like in its current state.
Their website is not of much use, and neither is google (so far)

NOT current, but LIFE magazine did a photo essay years ago and ran a
a pretty good article in the mag on visit to the wreck site.
and a folow up on the crew in 1964.
there are a lot of photos in the archive and a link to the magazine
article
make sure you read the editorial note as well near the front
of the magazine. (page 2)

main article starts on page 108 nothing on the recovery or rebuilding.

Brent Balchen (L) and Dr. Ralf Stinson (R) return to Greenland where
B-17 'My Gal Sal ' was downed in 1942.
Location: Greenland
Date taken: 1964
Photographer: Francis Miller
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/163...0078de_landing

http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/eae...5f9887_landing
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/7fb...b6077c_landing
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/f41...6d25ad_landing
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/966...f99c14_landing
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/f7e...f92185_landing

Thumbnails of the essay:
http://images.google.com/images?sa=4
&imgc=&imgsz=&q=gal+sal+source:life&biw=1024&bih=6 08

Magazine itself.. Nov 24 1964 issue.
http://tinyurl.com/4forbuy

OR

http://books.google.com/books?id=4U0EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA112
&dq=our+gal+sal&hl=en&ei=vHNETdvGBMaSgQfc7dHwAQ&sa =X&oi=book_result&ct=re
sult&resnum=3&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=our%20ga l%20sal&f=false

Old January 29th 11, 08:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

n0i thunderstruck_n0i@live wrote in news:4e84a$4d445fd8$4a533e69$5168
@FUSE.NET:

http://www.ultimatesacrifice.com
http://www.ultimatesacrifice.com/My_Gal_Sal.htm
Old January 29th 11, 08:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
n0i

On 1/29/2011 3:26 PM, John Szalay wrote:
snip
B-17 'My Gal Sal ' was downed in 1942.

snip

Now it's clearer.

Last I heard, it's not on display yet.

n0i
Old January 29th 11, 09:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

OK, thanks for that.

Was going to pass by Cincinnati in March and thought I'd try to have a look.
I wasn't sure if it was in a Hangar for display or not yet.

Glenn

Old January 29th 11, 10:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Graeme Hogan

eb.com...

http://www.google.com.au/images?hl=e...w=1669&bih=792

Old January 29th 11, 11:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

"Glenn" wrote in
eb.com:

http://www.ultimatesacrifice.com/Whats_New.htm
Old January 29th 11, 11:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

"Glenn" wrote in
eb.com:

OK, thanks for that.

Was going to pass by Cincinnati in March and thought I'd try to have a
look. I wasn't sure if it was in a Hangar for display or not yet.

Glenn

"n0i" thunderstruck_n0i@live wrote in message
On 1/29/2011 3:26 PM, John Szalay wrote:
snip
B-17 'My Gal Sal ' was downed in 1942.

snip

Now it's clearer.

Last I heard, it's not on display yet.

n0i

Glenn
sent you by E-mail possible contact information
for the project. you may be able to get access.
even if its not available for public display.