Updated Florida Spring Forecast

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 1st 21, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Updated Florida Spring Forecast

Things are finally looking better for a spring Florida soaring season. As of today I am glad to announce that the surface water and the air is dryer that it was last year at the same time. Last year December was a disaster because of torrential downpours. This year, we are still way above yearly rainfall things are finally looking optimistic for the near future.
Strong winds and dryer air are having an impact on the humidity and precipitation. Not to say that we can look forward to the conditions of several years past, but we are definitely improving.
The next 4 to 6 weeks will make the difference between so so and good conditions. Hopefully we can all stay clear of COVID and come to Florida for some good winter soaring. We invite you to Vero Beach to enjoy the beta soaring in the state combined with beautiful beaches, great shopping and classy restaurants. Bob