Glaze Ice

Old February 3rd 10, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Glaze Ice

Mark writes:

Shutup, I'm a pilot, you're not.

No.
Old February 3rd 10, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jim Logajan writes:

Just FYI, you are responding to a troll that hangs out in
rec.aviation.piloting and many other groups.

Whatever you might call me, the fact remains that I'm right.

If you disagree, try a flight through continuous icing conditions, and make me
a liar.
Old February 3rd 10, 10:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Sam Spade

Mxsmanic wrote:
Jim Logajan writes:

Just FYI, you are responding to a troll that hangs out in
rec.aviation.piloting and many other groups.

Whatever you might call me, the fact remains that I'm right.

If you disagree, try a flight through continuous icing conditions, and make me
a liar.

It depends upon the airplane, Mr. Microsloft Simulator "pilot." Some of
us are actually pilots, and some of us flew both light airplanes and big
jet airliners with hot wings and all that good stuff, which can easily
handle light to moderate continuous icing conditions.
Old February 3rd 10, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert Moore

Sam Spade wrote
It depends upon the airplane, Mr. Microsloft Simulator "pilot." Some
of us are actually pilots, ........

Sam, I am sure that you are well aware that the FAA does not require a
person to be a pilot in order to hold a Ground Instructor or Instrument
Ground Instructor Certificate. In fact, my first instrument instructor
in the good ole Link Trainer had never set foot inside an airplane.
While is is true that MX is usually off base when trying to provoke an
argument amongst the pilots here, his lack of a pilot certificate does
not mean that he does not posses any aeronautical knowledge.

I'm not supporting MX, just pointing out that "you're not a pilot" is not
a valid counter to his sometimes misguided assertations.

Bob Moore
AGI IGI
Old February 3rd 10, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 3, 7:23*am, Robert Moore wrote:

I'm not supporting MX, just pointing out that "you're not a pilot" is not
a valid counter to his sometimes misguided assertations.

On the other hand Bob, sometimes street knowledge far outweighs book
knowledge. (I.E. PIREPS)

I personally won't fly in any cloud in temps below freezing but I have
had a couple of friends that had better "street knowledge" to know
they could make the trip safely and did so as they are here to talk
about it.

MX has no street knowledge and when Sam says he is not a pilot, it's a
very important distinction to let the readership know he doesn't know
what he is talking about with regards to the real world AND he does
not talk from experience. MSFS is not real world experience.

Good ground instructors would acknowledge this I am sure.
Old February 3rd 10, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Sam Spade

Robert Moore wrote:
Sam Spade wrote

It depends upon the airplane, Mr. Microsloft Simulator "pilot." Some
of us are actually pilots, ........

Sam, I am sure that you are well aware that the FAA does not require a
person to be a pilot in order to hold a Ground Instructor or Instrument
Ground Instructor Certificate. In fact, my first instrument instructor
in the good ole Link Trainer had never set foot inside an airplane.
While is is true that MX is usually off base when trying to provoke an
argument amongst the pilots here, his lack of a pilot certificate does
not mean that he does not posses any aeronautical knowledge.

I'm not supporting MX, just pointing out that "you're not a pilot" is not
a valid counter to his sometimes misguided assertations.

Bob Moore
AGI IGI

In my early days I was a certificated Link Trainer Operator before the
days of AGI and IGI. I held a private certificate at the time. I was
qualified to teach instrument procedures but not qualified to teach
about flight in icing conditions. I later added a metro rating to the
old ground instructor's certificate. I suspose that qualified me on
paper, but not in fact, to teach about flying in ice.
Old February 3rd 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Someone claiming to be Mxsmanic wrote:
Jim Logajan writes:

Just FYI, you are responding to a troll that hangs out in
rec.aviation.piloting and many other groups.

Whatever you might call me,

Whoever you are, you need to improve your reading comprehension since
nothing in my post or its context indicates I was talking about you or your
Old February 3rd 10, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Sam Spade writes:

It depends upon the airplane, Mr. Microsloft Simulator "pilot."

No, it doesn't. Do it and post the video to YouTube, and make me a liar.

Some of us are actually pilots, and some of us flew both light
airplanes and big jet airliners with hot wings and all that good
stuff, which can easily handle light to moderate continuous icing
conditions.

If you can keep the icing light, which you have no way of doing.
Old February 3rd 10, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jim Logajan writes:

Whoever you are, you need to improve your reading comprehension since
nothing in my post or its context indicates I was talking about you or your

So whom were you talking about?