q: renting bigger irons for sharter

Old July 26th 03, 01:15 PM
Martin Hotze

Default q: renting bigger irons for sharter

hi,

what does it cost to rent bigger irons (with crew) for charter?
does anybody here have some figures or a link handy?

what does it cost to rent a beach1900 or a 50-seater jet?

#m

--
http://www.usawatch.org/ http://www.alternet.org/

John Gilmo I was ejected from a plane for wearing
"Suspected Terrorist" button http://www.politechbot.com/p-04973.html
Old July 27th 03, 12:18 AM
CVBreard

If you just want a 'swag' - $1000/hr to, what, maybe $5000/hr ???

($1000/hr for a Cessna Citation sticks in my mind.)

I KNOW a (newer) 172 is $90/hr plus tax :-)
Old July 27th 03, 12:39 AM
Peter Duniho

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
yes. But it is only a theoretical calculation for me. I don't want to mess
around with them.

What "mess around"? I was curious about this a few years back. It took me
all of five or ten minutes to look up a few of the companies in the phone
book and on the web, and then phone them to ask what their rates were.

I'll tell you what I recall: basically, you're looking at anywhere from
US$3-10K per person, depending on what plane you take, and how full you get
it. Most typically, the jets with anywhere from 4 to 8 seats cost right
around US$4-5K for a coast-to-coast flight.

The fee structure was, of course, not so simple. You pay for the jet, not
per person. Also, the cost goes up if the plane (and crew) has to stay
overnight somewhere, or if the plane has to be repositioned for the flight.
And of course, a portion of the charge depends on how far you fly (or maybe
the entire charge depended, but there was some minimum charge...I don't
recall).

None of the planes I asked about came close to being a 50-passenger jet, so
none of my comments would be relevant for something that size.

Pete