How to charge a Palm in C-172?

Old May 17th 04, 10:21 PM
Marc

Default How to charge a Palm in C-172?

Hi All,

I recently bought a Palm Tungsten T3 and bluetooth GPS antenna. Flying with
it is great (with Co-Pilot and FlightMaster loaded), but battery life of
the Palm is not so good (about 3 hours)

I noticed that the Cessna 172 has a 24V cigarette lighter, while Palm on
offers 12V travel chargers. Does any one know how to use the C-172 charger
to power a Palm? Are their other chargers on the market?

Many thanks!

Marc
Old May 17th 04, 10:37 PM
Toks Desalu

You are so lucky that I spotted your post.I have been searching for that
answer myself and I have the perfect solution for you. Two ways to do this
(I picked number 2):

1) I am not sure about your Pocket PC but, check your manufactory to see if
they are selling battery that last longer than your original battery. This
product tend to be expensive.
2) Or you can create your own charger. Very cheap and very easy to put this
together. Checkout this website and look at very bottom of page:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/aeroplane.php

Hope that you like my answer!

By the way, what software do you use for this type of flying? I'm curious.

Toks Desalu
PP-ASEL
Dyin' to soar!

Old May 18th 04, 01:08 AM
EDR

SPORTY's sells an adaptor. Check their website or catalog.
Old June 28th 04, 03:23 AM
Patrick w. Sencenich

I have about 6 spare batteries that i keep charged for my Pocket PC.

my GPS actually uses the cockpit power source. (i do not call it a Cig
lighter... who smokes in an airplane? LOL)

On 17 May 2004 21:21:32 GMT, Marc spoketh unto
us:

Hi All,

I recently bought a Palm Tungsten T3 and bluetooth GPS antenna. Flying with
it is great (with Co-Pilot and FlightMaster loaded), but battery life of
the Palm is not so good (about 3 hours)

I noticed that the Cessna 172 has a 24V cigarette lighter, while Palm on
offers 12V travel chargers. Does any one know how to use the C-172 charger
to power a Palm? Are their other chargers on the market?

Many thanks!

Marc

******************************
Patrick W. Sencenich
__|__

"I am NOT 30... i am 24.95 plus shipping and handling."
Old June 28th 04, 05:49 PM
MJ

Patrick w. Sencenich wrote in message . ..
[...]

You might also try http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...Fid=273%2D1301
that appears to accept various voltage inputs!

Matthew
PalmFLYING.com