A question about the Transall C160

Old September 27th 03, 03:26 AM
Brian

Default A question about the Transall C160

Anyone have any data in regards to the types of military vehicles and number
carried that could fit inside the plane for air transport?

Looking at the French Army vehicle mainly - thanks in advance

Brian

Old September 27th 03, 04:07 AM
tscottme

Brian wrote in message
Anyone have any data in regards to the types of military vehicles and

number
carried that could fit inside the plane for air transport?

Looking at the French Army vehicle mainly - thanks in advance

Brian

France has an army?

--

Scott
--------

Old September 27th 03, 05:09 AM
Brian

Jeez, talk about yesterdays views - get off the France bashing already and
get back into life - I supposed you have stopped eating French Fries too?

And yes, France does have an Army - one that is very strong with very good
equipment - the Le Clerc being comparable to the vaunted M1.

So what if they decided not to invade Iraq with bully Bush and his UK
puppet. Lot of other countries decided not to as well - I here no Sweden
bashing or Finland bashing - what about Morocco or Luxembourg?? The list of
so called allies is a lot shorter than the list of countries that stayed out
of it.

France is an independant country and that in itself was one reason for
deciding to withdraw from NATO - so they could pursue their own course of
action.

Old September 27th 03, 05:18 AM
Ragnar

"Brian" wrote in message
. net...
Jeez, talk about yesterdays views - get off the France bashing already and
get back into life - I supposed you have stopped eating French Fries too?

And yes, France does have an Army - one that is very strong with very good
equipment - the Le Clerc being comparable to the vaunted M1.

How many battles has the Le Clerc been in?

France is an independant country and that in itself was one reason for
deciding to withdraw from NATO - so they could pursue their own course of
action.

Umm, they didn't "pull out" of NATO. They very conveniently stayed in just
enough to whine about stuff but far enough out to never actually do any
work.

Old September 27th 03, 05:47 AM
George Z. Bush

"Ragnar" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Brian" wrote in message
. net...
Jeez, talk about yesterdays views - get off the France bashing already and
get back into life - I supposed you have stopped eating French Fries too?

And yes, France does have an Army - one that is very strong with very good
equipment - the Le Clerc being comparable to the vaunted M1.

How many battles has the Le Clerc been in?

France is an independant country and that in itself was one reason for
deciding to withdraw from NATO - so they could pursue their own course of
action.

Umm, they didn't "pull out" of NATO. They very conveniently stayed in just
enough to whine about stuff but far enough out to never actually do any
work.

Actually, they did pull out of NATO. By March 1966, deGaulle had withdrawn
France from NATO and its command structure because he felt that France needed to
be independent of joint security considerations, which would not have been
possible had they remained in NATO. As an example, they would have been unable
to bar the presence of missiles from their soil that were under foreign (to
them) control, which was a step that de Gaulle actually took. They remained out
of NATO until Mitterand brought them back in during the early '90s, although I
am not sure of that date or time period.

George Z.

Old September 27th 03, 06:03 AM
Thomas Schoene

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

"Ragnar" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Brian" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

Not exactly correct. France withdrew from the NATO military command
structure but remained a member of the Atlantic Coucil and other political
aspects of NATO.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

Old September 27th 03, 06:07 AM
Peter Kemp

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 04:18:45 GMT, "Ragnar"
wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
.net...
Jeez, talk about yesterdays views - get off the France bashing already and
get back into life - I supposed you have stopped eating French Fries too?

And yes, France does have an Army - one that is very strong with very good
equipment - the Le Clerc being comparable to the vaunted M1.

How many battles has the Le Clerc been in?

It's gone to war every time the French have gone to war with a need
for heavy armour since it entered service.

Just because it hasn't fought yet doesn't mean it's no good.

Or is the US nuclear deterrent crap because it's never been used in
anger?

Peter Kemp
Old September 27th 03, 07:11 AM
tscottme

Peter Kemp peter_n_kempathotmaildotcom wrote in message

It's gone to war every time the French have gone to war with a need
for heavy armour since it entered service.

Just because it hasn't fought yet doesn't mean it's no good.

Or is the US nuclear deterrent crap because it's never been used in
anger?

Peter Kemp

And my 3-point jump shot has worked every time I've used it in the NBA
finals. The Japanese don't agree with your last comment.

--

Scott
--------

Old September 27th 03, 07:46 AM
tscottme

Brian wrote in message
. net...
Jeez, talk about yesterdays views - get off the France bashing already

and
get back into life - I supposed you have stopped eating French Fries

too?

And yes, France does have an Army - one that is very strong with very

good
equipment - the Le Clerc being comparable to the vaunted M1.

snip

Le Clerc? Is that some sort of precision-guided surrender munition?

--

Scott
--------

Old September 27th 03, 08:24 AM
Brian

Oh and the US Army is SOOO much better -

The US can't even defend her own borders to save its citizens from attack -
9/11.

Geez, the US Army can't even police Bagdhad well enough to stop someone from
blowing up targets in Iraq. And even though the US has completely occupied
Afghanistan, they still can't find Osama.

Where are the claimed weapons of Mass Destruction the Iraqi's supposedly
had????

I'll say this much for Saddam - at least the lights were on and the trains
ran on time - can't say that for the bumbling US Army trying to make a new
puppet state.

Typical brainwashed FRENCH fry eating slob - blindly follows the flag even
though it is coated in bull****.

Brian

"tscottme" wrote in message
Brian wrote in message
. net...
[...]

GPT (Gulfport MS) ILS 14 question A Lieberman Instrument Flight Rules 18 January 30th 05 05:51 PM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Tecumseh Engine Mounting Question jlauer Home Built 7 November 16th 03 02:51 AM
Question about Question 4488 [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 3 October 27th 03 02:26 AM