Why did Bush join the national guard?

Old September 6th 04, 08:50 PM
Kevin Brooks

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: Why did Bush join the national guard?

snip

The "reserve" means held back. Back then it was a disgrace to join the

reserve.

Bullpoopie again, Art. There was NO reserve component left "back then"--they
had all been federalized into active service long before you enlisted, and
the Guard forces were not reconstituted as reserve elements until after the
war was over.

snip

And I'm still here
to tell about it.

Being as you can't get the basic facts right, most folks could care less
what you have to "tell"--you have already told too many lies.

Brooks

Arthur Kramer

Old September 6th 04, 08:50 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

But the frigging A-20 was yanked out of service while we flew B-26
in combat to the bitter end.

The Douglas A-20 was in USAAF service throughout the war. The 3rd BG was
the last unit to operate the A-20, it was preparing to move to Okinawa when
the Japanese surrendered.

Old September 6th 04, 08:52 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

But the frigging A-20 was yanked out of service while we flew B-26 in

combat
to the bitter end. And of course you never had to fly the B-26 so what
the
hell did you care?

The "frigging A-20" was in service throughout the war (From the very
beginning, actually, The same airplane, as the DB-7, was in service
with the French Armee de l'Air in 1940, and flew against the Germans)

They served until 1945, wherever teh AAF was - North Africa, the Med,
the ETO, a

They yanked almost all the A-20's out of the ETO and sent them down
to the MTO, a less demanding theatre of operations.

Which means your previous statement was wrong.

Old September 6th 04, 09:46 PM
Bob Coe

"ArtKramr" wrote

How come there were no black crew members in your outfit?

Factories were working overitome. The economy was booming.Wages were at their
highest.

2% unemployment for whites, 12% for blacks. Just think, if you would have
let one black guy on your crew you would have gotten closer to the mythical
100% you talk about.

Old September 6th 04, 10:01 PM
Pete

"ArtKramr" wrote

Screw you.

Jesus, Bubba. Is that all you got?

Ask a simple question, and I get "Screw you"

I guess we know what the answer would have been...

Pete

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM