FS: or trade - Scott "Executive II" O2 tank assembly near ATL

Old January 27th 04, 04:07 PM
Mike Patterson

Default FS: or trade - Scott "Executive II" O2 tank assembly near ATL

I have come into possession of a Scott model 25200 cylinder & valve
assembly, which appears to be charged to about 1600 psi. It appears to
be in good condition, if a bit dusty. Everything seems to be tight and
corrosion-free.

Near the top of the cylinder there are several grouped stampings:

3k70+ (the k is circled)
10N77

09427

DOT-3AA1800
7351DN
AWK (the A is inside an upward-pointing arrow outline)

The valve assembly has a plate riveted to it which has the following
information:

MOD 25200 -22
Ser No. 1878
Mfr Date. 2-71
Scott Aviation

I emailed this info to Scott's tech support and got this reply:

QUOTE
The unit in your possession is still offered for sale. It is a good
aviation portable favored by pilots flying below 23,000 ft.
The unit should be overhauled, functionally tested and the cylinder
should be hydrostatically tested before you do anything with it. (we
have facilities around the country that can accomplish this.) these
facilities are shown on our web site.

Have attached our catalog sheet for the unit.
END QUOTE

You can see the mentioned catalog sheet he
http://www.mindspring.com/~mikepatte...rk-II-9-00.PDF

and see the tank itself he
http://www.mindspring.com/~mikepatterson/o2-tank.jpg

I'm near ATL, if anyone is interested, please email me.

Best offer by Valentine's Day can have it.

I'd rather not ship it, as it's charged to ~1600 psi and I assume it'd
be a hassle.

I'm looking for a MIG welder if anyone has one to trade...or if no one
wants this thing I'd like some creative ideas for O2. :-)

Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

fuel tank plumbing pwm Home Built 18 January 27th 05 04:54 AM
Yo! Fuel Tank! Veeduber Home Built 15 October 25th 03 02:57 AM