Anybody know of a Joker or Jack Control in RVN?

Old January 15th 04, 06:51 PM
John Hairell

Default Anybody know of a Joker or Jack Control in RVN?

Any of you know of any ATC, GCI, or any other aviation-type control
center or ABCC in SEA with the callsigns Joker or Jack, i.e. what
service, where located, etc. This would have been circa 1970-72.

TIA

John Hairell )
Old January 16th 04, 03:15 AM
Lynn Coffelt

"John Hairell" wrote in message
Any of you know of any ATC, GCI, or any other aviation-type control
center or ABCC in SEA with the callsigns Joker or Jack, i.e. what
service, where located, etc. This would have been circa 1970-72.

Pretty sketchy now, but I seem to recall some part of the ARRS rescue effort
having one or more of those call signs. I know that the C-130 rescue
coordinator was "King", but there were several other possible elements in a
rescue. Sandies, Fast Movers, and the ARRS coordination centers at Danang
(37th ARRS), Saigon, (3rd ARRG), and another at NKP. If I'm anywhere close,
the guys at the Jolly Green web site will know. http://www.jollygreen.org

Old Chief Lynn

Old January 16th 04, 04:24 PM
John Hairell

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:15:09 GMT, "Lynn Coffelt"
wrote:

"John Hairell" wrote in message
.. .
Any of you know of any ATC, GCI, or any other aviation-type control
center or ABCC in SEA with the callsigns Joker or Jack, i.e. what
service, where located, etc. This would have been circa 1970-72.

Pretty sketchy now, but I seem to recall some part of the ARRS rescue effort
having one or more of those call signs. I know that the C-130 rescue
coordinator was "King", but there were several other possible elements in a
rescue. Sandies, Fast Movers, and the ARRS coordination centers at Danang
(37th ARRS), Saigon, (3rd ARRG), and another at NKP. If I'm anywhere close,
the guys at the Jolly Green web site will know. http://www.jollygreen.org

Finally dug it out - Joker was the Joint Rescue Coordination Center
(JRCC) at TSN. Jack was the RCC at NKP.

John Hairell )
Old January 16th 04, 09:59 PM
Lynn Coffelt

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for clearing that up, John, I'm proud to have been fairly close! It
was a lifetime ago.

Old Chief Lynn