Death?

Old July 1st 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Death?

Looking at 14 days without activity on this forum. Will that qualify as
dead? I think so. I'll be spending my time over on Just Helicopters
from now on and delete this forum from my favorites.
Rocky

Old July 1st 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Shiver

Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:

Looking at 14 days without activity on this forum. Will that qualify as
dead? I think so. I'll be spending my time over on Just Helicopters
from now on and delete this forum from my favorites.
Rocky

Well I can't say I blame you Rocky.

But - On behalf of those little lurkers like myself, as well as others
who just arn't big on forums..... We will sure hate to see you go.
Old July 1st 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
boB

Shiver wrote:
Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:

Looking at 14 days without activity on this forum. Will that qualify as
dead? I think so. I'll be spending my time over on Just Helicopters
from now on and delete this forum from my favorites.
Rocky

Well I can't say I blame you Rocky.

But - On behalf of those little lurkers like myself, as well as others
who just arn't big on forums..... We will sure hate to see you go.

I still read the messages. I just don't have all the great stories to
tell. Hell, I even like reading about some of the flights they did today
and what they're flying.

--

boB
Wing 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Old July 1st 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ol Shy & Bashful

Bob
Have you gone to the alternate forum at Just Helicopters yet? I think
you'd enjoy the company over there. In fact, I'll invite you all to
come over for a visit. The original forum can put you off until you
begin to see thru some of the nonsense and recognize some just blowing
off anonymous steam with soem occasional humor and satire.
Cheers
Rocky

Old July 2nd 06, 09:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
boB

Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:
Bob
Have you gone to the alternate forum at Just Helicopters yet? I think
you'd enjoy the company over there. In fact, I'll invite you all to
come over for a visit. The original forum can put you off until you
begin to see thru some of the nonsense and recognize some just blowing
off anonymous steam with soem occasional humor and satire.
Cheers
Rocky

I just visited. You are right, the original forum has a couple people
that can't seem to tolerate someone posting an opinion without telling
them how idiotic they are.

--

boB
Wing 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Old July 7th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
boB

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On 30 Jun 2006 19:27:15 -0700, "Ol Shy & Bashful"
wrote:

Looking at 14 days without activity on this forum. Will that qualify as
dead? I think so. I'll be spending my time over on Just Helicopters
from now on and delete this forum from my favorites.

I used to vist JH, but all the Silver State crap just gets me ****ed
off - even more than the opinionated a-holes that seem to disagree
with everything anyone else says.

I much prefer the newsgroup format to the forum format. Easier to
navigate IMO.

I also tried JH and there's quite a lot to read. I guess this newsgroup
has always been easier even though there aren't many messages some days.
But the people writing here all seem to be good folks, no trolls or
troublemakers.

--

boB
Wing 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Old July 7th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
B4RT

I went over and had a look at JH. I can't stomach all the whiney petty
schoolboy nonsense over there. There might be some nuggets of stuff worth
reading there but the wheat to schaff ratio doesnt warrant the effort IMO.

Bart

Old July 7th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Linc

I just miss Dan and Bob and BWB and Nick and all the other notables
that made this such an awesome place to glean information and learn
from. Even the disagreements were fun to witness and/or participate in.

Ahh, but there's no going back to the glory days, is there?

Linc

Old July 8th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
h.e.l.i.p.o.r.t.

Well, as long as were reminiscing, don't we all miss Mr. Fetters a lil bit
(or AliBab or whatever??). I don't think i ever knew anybody who took as
much SH*T as him.

Ok.. really.. I do miss Nick and all his wealth of info and insight... I've
been a Lurker in here for years and well, thought I'd finally come outa the
closet.. sorta speakin..

"The Other Kev" gave us all a thrill with his indepth experiences with his
training.. This group never had as much action as when he would write up his
daily activities...

Oh yea.. another one who (For some reason) took alot of Crap was ROTOR.. I
know he's now in the ARMY and is still taking alot of talented Helo
photos. I'll let him tell you where though if he ever comes back...

Nutts in AZ

ps.com...