Flight Simulator 2004 Control Issues

Old November 26th 03, 05:31 PM
SouthBayGuy

Thanks for your reply Mike

Yes, I remember FS2002 being much more better behaved too. I have both the
Sidewinder 2 and the Saitek Cyborg Evo and have tried them both with their
software, and just the "bare driver" in XP, but in FS2004 I have the same
control issues but it seems less severe with the EVO. I've also noted, as I
stated in some of my other notes, that "add in" aircraft, especially
commerical ones like from Flight1, seem to fly much better. (I have amassed
a fairly large collection now hehe). Anyway thanks again for your time I'll
keep working with it

Regards to all

"mike" wrote in message
om...
I had similar over-sensitive rudder problem with FS2004 on the same
machine that did not have the problem with FS2K. I use the MS
Sidewinder joystick.

When I tried changing the rudder sensitivity inside FS it barely made
any difference to flight, although I noticed in slew mode, my ability
to turn with rudder was very much affected by the setting change.

On XP with Sidewinder it stores profiles per game so you can have
adjustments to sensitivity and settings on a per-game basis (is that a
Sidewinder thing, or is it part of XP's joystick calibartion tool?).

One thing that helped, was playing with the joystick profile outside
of FS. I seem to remember there was some way of picking a previously
created profile for another game (?) when you select the profile you
want to use with FS2004, and either making sure I used a separate one
for FS2004 or the same one as FS2K which used to work fine (I cant
remember which way round it was) made a difference.

Old November 26th 03, 05:31 PM
SouthBayGuy

Thanks for you reply, Twilson.

AHA! :P So it's NOT just me! Have you, or anyone heard anything about a
patch, maybe? Back in the day, MS used to read usenet; I don't know if they
still do, but back then if enough people were stating they were having the
same problem and/or complained consistently about it, you could get an
answer or some feedback from them. One would think or hope that a patch
would be about due by now...thanks for your time

Regards to all

"Twilson" wrote in message
I Think the rudder thing is a bug. I have a Cougar HOTAS set up with elite
pedals. Usually when I start a take off run the first time I get run away
nose wheel steering and have to reset the flight and then all is well. I

have
no problem after this when taking off from Meigs or Phoenix Sky Harbor,
however if I try to take off from the Flagstaff, AZ airport I am all over

the
place and can hardly keep it on the runway. This is not P factor as

sometimes
the plane yaws to the right and jet aircraft do it as well. I seriously

think
this is a bug that has not been addressed by MS. Too many people having

this
trouble.

Old November 26th 03, 05:31 PM
SouthBayGuy

You're supposed to center the controls??? ~DOH!!!! :0)

"Dashi" wrote in message
Are you centering your controls prior to take-off? If not then that's the
problem, operator error.

Dashi