Video from the plane

Old December 14th 05, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Video from the plane

Does anyone know what kind of camera people use, and how they attatch it to
the wing, when they take some video from out there on the wing, or on the
back of the plane.... Can it really hold, and not fall off. What about
weight and airflow....

Jacob
Denmark, Europe

Old December 14th 05, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

This is what I used to make the silentflight acro vids..

http://www.mars-cam.com/cameras/bull...eras/v2217.htm

Al

Old December 15th 05, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

But how do you attatch it ??.. just a lot of ducktape ??

oups.com...

Old December 15th 05, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I've attached bullet cameras and larger video cameras by making a
fiberglass mount that wraps the leading edge of fins and wings or
replaces a hatch w/ a more posative connection then using a lot of
duct tape. Tape can come loose and the camera will pound the crap out
of the aircraft. Not to mention the camera gets trashed or you might
brain someone on the ground. The adhesive on duct tape is also a bitch
to remove. There have been other posts regarding the best tape for
mounts. I seem to remember some sort of super gaffer's tape.

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:06:46 +0100, "Jacob Olsen" jeo @
post6.tele.dk wrote:

But how do you attatch it ??.. just a lot of ducktape ??

roups.com...

Old December 15th 05, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

There are a huge number of cameras at www.supercircuits.com. Note -
almost all need a separate mic. If you are using a miniDV camera to
record with a lipstick camera, get a lipstick camera with a horizontal
resolution as close to 500 lines, or more if possible. These
camera/mics will need a separate power supply, usually 12 volts. An
easy solution is a battey holder from Radio Shack that takes 8 - AA
alkaline batteries.
I usually make a mount from expanded polypropelene shaped as a bed
for the camera and secure it to the wing with duct tape. I've also
used zip ties to secure the camera to the side of my sunglasses for a
pilots-eye-view. I also have a clamp used for mounting a SLR camera
on a hang glider and clamp it to the wing pin carry thru, pointing the
camera either over my shoulder or down the wing. I use a small miniDV
camera as the tape deck and tuck it under my right elbow...
Bill

Old December 16th 05, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ok now you have the camera what do you plug it into? Would like to make
DVD's.

Ken (KP)

Old December 16th 05, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ebay has some very reasonable helmet cameras ... basically you just
plug the helmet camera into your AV IN Ports on your camcorder.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdalianharley