Group Genesis Website??

Old October 1st 03, 01:51 AM
Mike Ba

Default Group Genesis Website??

Are these guys still in business? I've found several links to
http://www.groupgenesis.com/, but it appears to be for sale.

Old October 1st 03, 04:12 AM
Stewart Kissel

Do a google search and you can find their Yahoo discussion group. If mem=
ory serves me the ships are no longer in production.

Old October 1st 03, 04:54 AM
BTIZ

not sure if they are in production or not.. but Blanik America is handling
their parts and service..etc

BT

Old October 1st 03, 12:36 PM
snaproll59

The Genesis 2 appears to be available through Blanik America:

http://www.nwinternet.com/~blanikam/ba/genesis2.htm
Old October 1st 03, 03:24 PM
Guy Byars

The Genesis 2 appears to be available through Blanik America:

http://www.nwinternet.com/~blanikam/ba/genesis2.htm

Don't hold your breath for a Gen2. The following was posted on their
website:

New Genesis 2 glider manufacturing has been suspended pending the outcome of
the licensing agreement negotiations between the design owner and the
manufacturing facility.

http://www.nwinternet.com/~blanikam/...prices.htm#new

Old October 1st 03, 11:22 PM
Liam Finley

"Guy Byars" wrote in message ...
The Genesis 2 appears to be available through Blanik America:

http://www.nwinternet.com/~blanikam/ba/genesis2.htm

Don't hold your breath for a Gen2. The following was posted on their
website:

New Genesis 2 glider manufacturing has been suspended pending the outcome of
the licensing agreement negotiations between the design owner and the
manufacturing facility.

http://www.nwinternet.com/~blanikam/...prices.htm#new

The manufacturing facility is LAK is it not? Why would they want to
waste their time building the Genesis 2 when they've got the LAK 19
coming out.
Old October 2nd 03, 04:42 AM
Slingsby

(Liam Finley) wrote in message . com...

The manufacturing facility is LAK is it not? Why would they want to
waste their time building the Genesis 2 when they've got the LAK 19
coming out.

************************************************** *******************************
Blanik America is the sales agent for LAK and Genesis as well as
Genesis parts. I suspect the issue is between the owner and the
factory. If you look at the LAK web site it would appear that the
facilities are big enough to produce the Genesis, Lak, DG, and
Shemp-Hirth. I suspect there is a great deal of excess capacity at
that facility. They also have a 2 seat LAK 20 in the works as well as
a turbo LAK.
There appears to be a new web site
www.genesisflyers.com started by a
Swedish owner of a Genesis. Probably other current owners will post
info on that site in the future. Also, there is a Yahoo Owners Group
called GenesisFlyers which appears to be active. There is also a LAK
group on Yahoo.

www.continuo.com/marske/carbon/carbon.htm has a very good description
of how the wing spar for the LAK, Genesis and Marske gliders are made.
Especially a good comparason of an externally made spar vs. a Carbon
Fibre Rovings spar cap. Discus owners should take note.
Old October 2nd 03, 04:50 AM
Slingsby

http://www.aviation-salvage.com/airc...enesis%202.htm

This is another site which shows a Genesis wing which went through a
fence post.
Actually the fence post went thru this wing. I believe this same wing
later came in first place one day at the 2003 Standard class
nationals.
Old October 2nd 03, 06:24 AM
Lennie the Lurker

"Guy Byars" wrote in message ...
The Genesis 2 appears to be available through Blanik America:

http://www.nwinternet.com/~blanikam/ba/genesis2.htm

Don't hold your breath for a Gen2. The following was posted on their
website:

New Genesis 2 glider manufacturing has been suspended pending the outcome of
the licensing agreement negotiations between the design owner and the
manufacturing facility.

http://www.nwinternet.com/~blanikam/...prices.htm#new

The manufacturing facility is LAK is it not? Why would they want to
waste their time building the Genesis 2 when they've got the LAK 19
coming out.

For the same reason krauts waste their time building delaminating wings.