Great little old notebook computer, works great with AOPA's flight planner, email, internet

Old January 14th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.products

Default Great little old notebook computer, works great with AOPA's flight planner, email, internet

It is certainly not a computer 'powerhouse' GRIN. But if you are looking
for a portable computer with a wireless card for getting weather and filing
flight plans (as well as email and the internet) this old (but in GOOD shape
machine will work for you).

Compaq Armada 4220T Notebook Computer LOADED! Ebay Item number: 6839158241
$95.00 auction expires later today... check it out

Brand: Compaq Hard Drive Capacity: 4 GB
Processor Type: Intel Pentium II Screen Size: 13 inches
Processor Model: -- Operating System: Windows ME
Processor Speed: 266 MHz Secondary Drive: CD-ROM Also has a floppy drive
Memory (RAM): 96 MB
Condition: Used

This is a great little machine that comes loaded with features I've added,
like a wireless network card, extra RAM (for a total of 96MB), a CD ROM all
are in fine working order. It has Windows ME (you DON'T want to put XP on
this machine or it will slow down, significantly - I've tried, it doesn't do
well with XP).
This is a great machine to use to do flight plans and file them, get
weather, browse the web, catch up on email and even with it's very modest
266Mhz CPU you will find it a good basic workhorse for non-cpu intensive
programs (like word processing and email). Don't look to it for significant
gaming programs as it just isn't up to that task.

Besides the power supply it comes with two batteries. ALSO INCLUDES A WELL
PADDED TARGUS NOTEBOOK CASE (with multiple zippered pockets and storage
pouches. Don't have any manuals for it, but you won't need any. Just press
the power button and you're off to go.

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman
CP-ASEL-IA

Student - C.F.I.

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -