NASA pics, why get them here?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 23rd 08, 12:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Default NASA pics, why get them here?

"Alan Erskine" wrote in
:

Phil wrote:

If the flood of pictures here recently are genuine NASA pictures,
then why not just got to www.nasaimages.org and get them from the
source.

Thank you for that link, just did some browsing, lots of
nice pictures. But hardly the entire collection by a long
shot. I worked at Ames Research Center in the 70's. There
were several models I worked on for the 40x80 wind tunnel
that are not pictured, one of which ended up a flying test
bed. I don't know the model designation, but it ducted a lot
of air over extended flaps. It was a high wing with 4 jet
engines. I actually saw the flying vehicle and recognized
most everything under the wings related to the ducting and
flaps. Couldn't find any pictures of that model nor the
flying vehicle.

YC-14/15 (I can never remember which is which, but one was built by
Boeing and the other by McD - that's the one with four engines; the
Boeing product had two over-the-wing engines).

Boeing built the two YC-14s. The McDD YC-15 had more or less normal
underwing podded engines.

http://www.theaviationzone.com/image...amst/page1.asp

Pretty sure Phil is referring to the QSRA that boeing modified from DHC-5 as
a proof-of-concept.

And yeesh - that Randy's restaurant in the background is still there 32
years later...

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YC-14A_72-1873_BFI_6-76.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	28045  Click image for larger version

Name:	YC-14A_72-1874_BFI_9-76.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	28046