arrow static port?

Old May 22nd 17, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default arrow static port?

On Sunday, August 29, 1999 at 3:00:00 PM UTC+8, Bruce E. Haddad wrote:
It's in the pitot tube. It's one of the holes to the rear of the unit. It
was incorporated so it would be easy to keep warm in icing conditions.

Bruce

Mark Tanner wrote in message ...
Not entirely sure this is quite the right newsgroup but here goes:

My local field just recently got an older arrow, and I decided it
might be a good idea to get some retract/complex time. All well and
good, but one thing on my cessna preflight list didn't translate:

check static port.

I looked ~all~ over for it and couldn't find it. So, of course, I went
to look through the POH, nothing there about it either. ~And~, my
CFI (who shall remain nameless!) didn't know, either.

Anybody here help me out?

Thanks!

-mark

Mark Tanner )
http://cellist.music.ufl.edu

My Arrow 1V has developed a problem with the ASI. At normal cruise power 23/24
it is reading 20/25 KTS below 'normal', i.e. reads 100 kts when it usually reads
125 kts ( yes, the gear is up !!)
Cross checking with the GPS in nil wind conditions confirms the difference.
With a friend carefully blowing into the pitot I observed a reading -60 kts on the ASI but the altimeter and VSI also moved !
Numerous theories from friends. What does the 'Panel' think ?
Also is there a relatively simple way of removing g the ASI should that be necessary. It is in a hell of a position to get at.
Thanks for you comments.

Jim King, Denmark Western Australia

Static Port for Fairchild 24 [email protected] Home Built 3 April 28th 07 04:23 AM
Blow out static port [email protected] Owning 36 May 13th 05 02:59 PM
Is my static port leaking? Derrick Early Instrument Flight Rules 2 August 15th 04 01:13 AM
Why a static port? Paul Mennen Owning 11 August 19th 03 04:58 AM
Canard static port location Paul Lee Home Built 1 July 12th 03 02:55 AM