Airplane that crashed in Lake Ontario yet to be raised

Old July 16th 03, 12:16 AM
James Robinson

Default Airplane that crashed in Lake Ontario yet to be raised

Toronto police and the aircraft's US insurance company are squabbling
over who should be responsible for raising a twin Beech that crashed
into the lake on the 7th of July. It was on a flight from Chicago to
Toronto Island airport, when it disappeared in heavy fog just short of
the airport. The pilot's body has not been recovered:

http://www.canada.com/news/story.asp...9-6044B635F2DB

The aircraft is in water too deep for traditional scuba divers, so a
salvage company has to be hired. The insurance company that covered the
aircraft (AIG) today said that they aren't interested in recovering
either the aircraft or the pilot.
Old July 16th 03, 12:45 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, James Robinson said:
The aircraft is in water too deep for traditional scuba divers, so a
salvage company has to be hired. The insurance company that covered the
aircraft (AIG) today said that they aren't interested in recovering
either the aircraft or the pilot.

Too bad he's not a Kennedy, otherwise the taxpayers might pay for it.

--
Paul Tomblin , not speaking for anybody
Renting airplanes is like renting sex: It's difficult to arrange on short
Old July 16th 03, 01:06 AM
Tom S.

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, James Robinson said:
The aircraft is in water too deep for traditional scuba divers, so a
salvage company has to be hired. The insurance company that covered the
aircraft (AIG) today said that they aren't interested in recovering
either the aircraft or the pilot.

Too bad he's not a Kennedy, otherwise the taxpayers might pay for it.

If it were Ted Kennedy, I'd pay it myself.

Old July 16th 03, 03:07 AM
Jim Herring

"Tom S." wrote:

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
Too bad he's not a Kennedy, otherwise the taxpayers might pay for it.

If it were Ted Kennedy, I'd pay it myself.

If it was Ted Kennedy, I'd pay to make sure it couldn't be recovered. Let the
fish have him.

--

Jim

carry on

Old July 16th 03, 04:43 AM
Jim Vadek

"Jim Herring" wrote in message
"Tom S." wrote:

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
Too bad he's not a Kennedy, otherwise the taxpayers might pay for it.

If it were Ted Kennedy, I'd pay it myself.

If it was Ted Kennedy, I'd pay to make sure it couldn't be recovered. Let

the
fish have him.

So you are a "compassionate conservative"?

Old July 16th 03, 04:47 AM
Jeff Franks

If it were Ted Kennedy, I'll bet the NTSB would rule that it was brake
failure......

"Tom S." wrote:

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
Too bad he's not a Kennedy, otherwise the taxpayers might pay for it.

If it were Ted Kennedy, I'd pay it myself.

If it was Ted Kennedy, I'd pay to make sure it couldn't be recovered. Let

the
fish have him.

--

Jim

carry on

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Old July 16th 03, 06:21 AM
Tom Huxton

"Jeff Franks" wrote in message ...
If it were Ted Kennedy, I'll bet the NTSB would rule that it was brake
failure......

Ha, weight and balance. Uncontrollable left turn.

Old July 16th 03, 12:51 PM
john smith

Tom Huxton wrote:

"Jeff Franks" wrote in message ...
If it were Ted Kennedy, I'll bet the NTSB would rule that it was brake
failure......

Ha, weight and balance. Uncontrollable left turn.

No, that would imply "pilot error".
Old July 16th 03, 01:39 PM
Dave Stadt

"Jeff Franks" wrote in message
If it were Ted Kennedy, I'll bet the NTSB would rule that it was brake
failure......

And alcohol had nothing to do with it.

Old July 16th 03, 03:44 PM
Ron Natalie

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message news

"Jeff Franks" wrote in message
If it were Ted Kennedy, I'll bet the NTSB would rule that it was brake
failure......

And alcohol had nothing to do with it.

Anybody going to midnight mass?