PowerFLARM Files not valid with OLC

Old June 17th 13, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default PowerFLARM Files not valid with OLC

I have had two flights in a row come back with Purple Validation rather than green. So far no explanation from the OLC guys why this is happening.

Very odd thing is that OLC is changing my file names each time they are uploaded.

Tonight I uploaded 36GG8E1.igc and the OLC site renames the file to 36GD8E1.igc, it has done the same thing on my last few PowerFLARM files.

I have run the files through the FAI validation webpages and the files are fine.

http://vali.fai-civl.org/validation.html

Anyone else having similar problem or an explanation?

Old June 17th 13, 08:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Bieniek

Very odd thing is that OLC is changing my file names each time they are uploaded.

The OLC not only changes the name but also the contents. When you download your own files you won't get back what you've previously uploaded, but instead you get back an invalid file...
Old June 17th 13, 11:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Sunday, June 16, 2013 11:43:02 PM UTC-4, Tim Taylor wrote:
I have had two flights in a row come back with Purple Validation
rather than green.
So far no explanation from the OLC guys why this is happening.

OLC acknowledged they have a bug in FLARM OLC validation on
June 10:

Hello Dave,
looks like a bug, I will investigate, and I scored the flight
with a green V manually,
best regards
Hannes

Apparently they still have not got it fixed...
Aarrggg...
Old June 20th 13, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LOV2AV8

This is nice. I have asked for help on line. No help so far. This really takes away from having a good league contest when valid files are not counted.

Randy "AV8"
Old June 20th 13, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

same here. I had several flights in Ephrata with green/green, then the last few flights had green/blue. still OLC valid but not IGC valid, no biggy for me but was curious why this happened.

Brad
Old June 22nd 13, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LOV2AV8

Still blue on Friday. Another great weekend for gold league.