Monroy ADT-200 TPAS

Old May 1st 05, 08:08 AM
Ramy Yanetz

Default Monroy ADT-200 TPAS

Anyone has experience with the Monroy ADT-200? It seems to have the best
combination of low price ($575), small size, easy and simple to use and
install on the glare shield.
I tried the Surecheck traffic scope micro which seems to work well but lack
one critical feature which is sound/voice alert. The display is only useful
when you look directly at it.

Ramy

Old May 2nd 05, 07:19 AM
bumper

Ramy,

I don't have experience with the Monroy or Surecheck, but have been using
the Proxalert R-5 for the past year and a half.

The R5 is more expensive than the Shurecheck or Monroy, but IMO, is worth
the extra money as it displays the threat aircraft squawk code and up to 3
aircraft while tracking 10. The squawk tells me if the aircraft is talking
to ATC and probably knows about me (I use a transponder in the glider) or is
VFR and thus likely not aware of my presence.

In the glider, the R5's audio alert is adequate, the red alert LED light is
bright and really good at getting my attention even when I'm looking outside
and only have it in peripheral vision. When using the R5 in my Mooney I
don't bother hooking up the audio to the headset. For one, the audio is too
loud when compared to the comm audio (would require a resistor or pot to
lower the R5 audio to match) . . . but the real reason is I don't find the
audio necessary as that alert light is really bright and right in my field
of view on the glareshield.

BTW, from the reviews I've read, the Monroy normally comes in after the
larger Shurecheck. I wouldn't consider the Shurecheck Micro either, but for
a different reason than what you mentioned. The Micro has no built in
altimeter and doesn't display threat aircraft altitude. Get an alert and all
you have is approx range - - no clue at what altitude the threat might be
at, or even if it's really a threat at all! At least with the others, you
know what altitude to scan for the traffic.

all the best,

bumper

om...

Old May 5th 05, 08:47 PM
Terry

bumper wrote:
[...]

Hi,
Proxalert is not out of business. New price for the R5 is now 675 USD.
At this price the Proxalert R5 is the best choice.
Terry
Proxalert Inc

Old May 8th 05, 06:33 AM
bumper

Proxalert's number is 602 992-3120 . . . bet they'd take your order over the
phone.

bumper (who paid $1000 for his R5 - - bummer!)

m...

Old May 10th 05, 09:58 AM

I bought a prox-alert about 5 months ago and have had a lot of
problems. When I turn on my transponder the screen will fill with
false positives. I called the company 602 992-3120 and I reached a
third party who was no help. That number is not the company. My
advise is steer clear of the prox-alert until they make it work right.