IGC Replay

Old April 23rd 15, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IGC Replay

So on my nice old laptop I ran IGCReplay all the time and really liked it - especially with the Google Earth plug in.

I tried to install it on my new Surface Pro - and I am getting a Script Error. and can't watch flights - which means I have to work at work!!

Any suggestions, before I become too productive at work!
the error looks like this:
Line 33
Char 7
Error Object doesn't supprot properety or methond "JSIntErrorCallbak=ck_"
URL http//www.ywtw.de/plugin/pluginhost3.html

WH
Old April 23rd 15, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Thanks for the reminder, WH. Forgot about that great program.
Just installed IGC Flight Replay v1.1 30.12.2012 on a Win8.1 desktop which already had Google Earth 7.1.2.2041 installed. Did not use any compatibility settings. Runs perfectly.
So no help, sorry. But is the Surface a full Win8 version?
Jim
Old April 23rd 15, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WH1

Yep - Perhaps I need to Uninstall everything and try again.

Bill
Old April 24th 15, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 7:51:28 AM UTC-5, wrote:
So on my nice old laptop I ran IGCReplay all the time and really liked it - especially with the Google Earth plug in.

I tried to install it on my new Surface Pro - and I am getting a Script Error. and can't watch flights - which means I have to work at work!!

Any suggestions, before I become too productive at work!
the error looks like this:
Line 33
Char 7
Error Object doesn't supprot properety or methond "JSIntErrorCallbak=ck_"
URL http//www.ywtw.de/plugin/pluginhost3.html

WH

Well, what do you expect. It's a SURFACE computer. Of course it doesn't display virtual flights. Duh
Old June 30th 15, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 7:02:03 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 7:51:28 AM UTC-5, wrote:
So on my nice old laptop I ran IGCReplay all the time and really liked it - especially with the Google Earth plug in.

I tried to install it on my new Surface Pro - and I am getting a Script Error. and can't watch flights - which means I have to work at work!!

Any suggestions, before I become too productive at work!
the error looks like this:
Line 33
Char 7
Error Object doesn't supprot properety or methond "JSIntErrorCallbak=ck_"
URL http//www.ywtw.de/plugin/pluginhost3.html

WH

Well, what do you expect. It's a SURFACE computer. Of course it doesn't display virtual flights. Duh

I just tried to fire up IGC Replay and it's balking at an updated Google Earth plugin & giving me script error messages. I've tried all three GE Interface modes and no success. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks,
Craig
7Q
Old June 30th 15, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Craig:
On a couple of Win8.1Pro Dell computers using IGC Replay v1.1 build 30.12.2012 and Google Earth 7.1.2.2041.
Works fine.
Jim
Old June 30th 15, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

yep - I get s script error.

I really like it and it has not working in a while - I am not sure why or how to fix it - so I will keep watching this topic

WH

Old June 30th 15, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 12:24:25 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
Craig:
On a couple of Win8.1Pro Dell computers using IGC Replay v1.1 build 30.12.2012 and Google Earth 7.1.2.2041.
Works fine.
Jim

Win7 pro, Google Earth 7.1.2.2041, Google Earth Plug-in 7.1.5.1557, IGC Replay v1.1 build 30.12.2012

Same IGC Replay and Google Earth as you are using. I think the latest Plug-in which installed 2015-06-23 is what may have broken it.

Thanks,
Craig
Old June 30th 15, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 1:56:25 PM UTC-7, Craig Funston wrote:
On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 12:24:25 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
Craig:
On a couple of Win8.1Pro Dell computers using IGC Replay v1.1 build 30.12.2012 and Google Earth 7.1.2.2041.
Works fine.
Jim

Win7 pro, Google Earth 7.1.2.2041, Google Earth Plug-in 7.1.5.1557, IGC Replay v1.1 build 30.12.2012

Same IGC Replay and Google Earth as you are using. I think the latest Plug-in which installed 2015-06-23 is what may have broken it.

Thanks,
Craig

WH, I managed to get it to run by uninstalling the plug-in and re-installing it. It came up with the same script error message so I started cycling through the Google Earth Interface choices moving from "Plugin" to "COM API" to "Plugin Script", each time getting an advisory notice in German (didn't stop to translate it, sorry). Finally on the last change to "Plugin Script" it quit complaining and started working. Not a terribly satisfying answer, but something is going on with Google Earth Plug-in & I managed to bash around until it gave up and worked. Not my usual style, but I'll take it.

Cheers,
Craig
Old June 30th 15, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Didn't look at the plugin previously. The GE plugin listed in Firefox is .2041. It's set up as "ask to activate".
Perhaps try deactivating the plugin?
Jim

IGC flight replay question Andrew Brayer Soaring 5 February 5th 14 12:45 AM
Replay XD Video Cameras Paul Remde Soaring 0 February 7th 13 05:01 AM
IGC Replay tobi[_2_] Soaring 9 June 7th 08 01:32 AM
IGC Google Earth Replay [email protected] Soaring 43 February 14th 08 11:00 PM
Recording "Instant Replay"? Chuck Dreier Simulators 2 June 4th 05 03:49 PM