Boeing B-377SG Super Guppy and C-97 G at Pima

Old April 10th 05, 02:01 PM

Default Boeing B-377SG Super Guppy and C-97 G at Pima

Posted some new pics of the Super Guppy at Pima see
http://greenmarble.blogspot.com

Old April 11th 05, 07:17 PM
John Galban

Posted some new pics of the Super Guppy at Pima see
http://greenmarble.blogspot.com

I remember regularly seeing one of these at the El Paso airport when
I was a kid. It was silver and said "Aero Spacelines" across the
side. I was told they used it to deliver large rocket parts to nearby
White Sands Missile Range. It was a pretty impressive sight when it
got airborne.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old April 12th 05, 05:12 AM
Morgans

"John Galban" wrote

I remember regularly seeing one of these at the El Paso airport when
I was a kid. It was silver and said "Aero Spacelines" across the
side. I was told they used it to deliver large rocket parts to nearby
White Sands Missile Range. It was a pretty impressive sight when it
got airborne.

There was one at OSH 3 or 4 years ago. Kinda like a jet biplane. You stand
back and say, " this just isn't right!" All with a big grin!

That is how it hit me, anyway.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 12th 05, 05:45 AM
aluckyguess

How does that thing fly.
oups.com...

Old April 13th 05, 08:33 PM
Paul kgyy

I used to see these in Albuquerque when I was taking my flying lessons
there - interesting to see what strange things can be made to fly.

Old April 15th 05, 03:27 AM
Dave S

A brick will fly if it has enough thrust.

Dave

aluckyguess wrote:

How does that thing fly.
oups.com...

Old April 24th 05, 11:07 PM
Margy

aluckyguess wrote:
How does that thing fly.
wrote in message
oups.com...

Posted some new pics of the Super Guppy at Pima see
http://greenmarble.blogspot.com

According to a guppy pilot I had the pleasure of dining with one evening
"like it looks, I tell people I fly an airplane with the pointy end on
the BACK". He further went on to talk about how all power settings are
called out and applied by the right seat pilot as the left seat pilot
MUST keep BOTH hands on the controls at all time to keep the thing under
control.

Margy