OFF TOPIC and long: Insults

Old May 26th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.british
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default OFF TOPIC and long: Insults

Jim Logajan wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Tina wrote in news:3187509d-daec-48d6-9db7-
:

Bertie, you clearly have studied Sir Winston, in that you read
between his lines accurately.

But still, his insulting conventions are worth following because
they amuse the reader.

Yeah, he was a fun guy. Just ask the antipodeans he got slaughtered
at Gallipoli,

Actually, Kitchener was the one who had ordered the attack on
Gallipoli, and the one who was most responsible for arguing against an
evacuation once the attack bogged down. Yes, Churchill did fight
against an evacuation too, but by that time the decision was an army
one, not navy. For that matter, Kitchener was the one who sent the
navy on its own to attack the Dardanelles. And the local commanders,
Carden and then de Robeck, who showed remarkable lack of backbone. But
there were many hands involved in creation of such a disaster.

No doubt about it, Kitchener would have been hung out these days for his
various roles in history.

Who did what is covered in painstaking detail in David Fromkin's book
"A Peace to End All Peace - The fall of the Ottoman Empire and the
creation of the modern Middle East"

All that said, Churchill's WWI actions do appear to have been those of
an amoral pompous ass. But I think that made him one with the crowd in
power at the time - he didn't appear to be any different in these
characteristics than many of his peers.

Oh yeah. I agree. They were a pack of Imperialist hyenas. Not sure if
the word "peers" is one I'd use. not because it;s innacurate, but
because it tends to gloss over the savagery of those creeps.

Bertie

Bertie
Old May 26th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BakedandFried

"Tina" wrote in message
On May 25, 11:08 am, Blanche wrote:
"She ran the gamut of emotion from A to B"

Mrs. Parker, IIRC.

Personally, I've alwas believed that if you cannot discuss someone's
heritage, parentage and destination without resorting to obscenity,
profanity or invective, you have a poor command of your native language.

Using your definition, poor command of the language is demonstrated
here often enough, isn't it?

Which one was it that went something like
"He's a moron studying hard to be a halfwit...and failing the course"?

and

"He think's he's a wit; but half right is better than totally wrong."

Old May 26th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.british
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Sun, 25 May 2008 22:21:27 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

I preferred the list of Churchill insults that went some thing like:

Woman: "YOu sir are drunk"
Churchill "**** you bitch"

Aide: "Sir, if I might suggest an alternative course of action"
Churchill "You want my boot up your arse, poof?"

King George: It's inspiring to see the troops so hearty"
Churchill "What the **** would you know, poncey boi?"

An inspiring leader indeed.

Bertie

bertie stop aiming so low. you know you can hit it every time without
even aiming.

....the quotes arent even correct, unless we are thinking of a
different churchill.

"you sir are a drunk."
"madam tomorrow morning I will be sober, you will still be ugly."

the others? no you faked those.

"drink? I've got more out of the bottle than it has ever got out of
me"
Old May 26th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.british
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Sun, 25 May 2008 22:40:46 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Tina wrote in news:3187509d-daec-48d6-9db7-
:

Bertie, you clearly have studied Sir Winston, in that you read between
his lines accurately.

But still, his insulting conventions are worth following because they
amuse the reader.

Yeah, he was a fun guy. Just ask the antipodeans he got slaughtered at
Gallipoli, the Irish he murdered, the Iragis he murdered, The people of
Dresden, Hugh Dowding, etc etc....

Bertie

mere character building :-)
Old May 26th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.british
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Sun, 25 May 2008 15:38:32 -0700 (PDT), Tina
wrote:

Bertie, you clearly have studied Sir Winston, in that you read between
his lines accurately.

But still, his insulting conventions are worth following because they
amuse the reader.

I see that the project to make him into a wit is only half
complete....

(as an example bertie ...as an example :-) )

Stealth Pilot
Old May 26th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.british
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

wrote:

I preferred the list of Churchill insults that went some thing like:

Woman: "YOu sir are drunk"
Churchill "**** you bitch"

Aide: "Sir, if I might suggest an alternative course of action"
Churchill "You want my boot up your arse, poof?"

King George: It's inspiring to see the troops so hearty"
Churchill "What the **** would you know, poncey boi?"

An inspiring leader indeed.

Bertie

bertie stop aiming so low. you know you can hit it every time without
even aiming.

...the quotes arent even correct, unless we are thinking of a
different churchill.

No ****!

That's what he was thinking though...

Bertie
Old May 26th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.british
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

wrote:

Tina wrote in news:3187509d-daec-48d6-9db7-
:

Bertie, you clearly have studied Sir Winston, in that you read

between
his lines accurately.

But still, his insulting conventions are worth following because

they
amuse the reader.

Yeah, he was a fun guy. Just ask the antipodeans he got slaughtered at
Gallipoli, the Irish he murdered, the Iragis he murdered, The people

of
Dresden, Hugh Dowding, etc etc....

Bertie

mere character building :-)

Well, to you lot, maybe!

"Ya ain't a man till you;ve had yer bollox blown off, mate! "

Bertie
Old May 27th 08, 07:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
clint

You must be a seniour to have only done a half-assed job! Stealth Pilot
was thinking very hard but lost his choo-choo train of thought while
whacking his pee-pee:

Old May 27th 08, 07:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
clint

Bertie is a grrls name, if she wa 88!
Stealth Pilot formulated the following :
Bertie

bertie stop aiming so low.

Old May 27th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.british,alt.2600
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

gregvk wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:g1ehpq$qp2$1
@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

wrote:

I preferred the list of Churchill insults that went some thing like:

Woman: "YOu sir are drunk"
Churchill "**** you bitch"

Aide: "Sir, if I might suggest an alternative course of action"
Churchill "You want my boot up your arse, poof?"

King George: It's inspiring to see the troops so hearty"
Churchill "What the **** would you know, poncey boi?"

An inspiring leader indeed.

Bertie

bertie stop aiming so low. you know you can hit it every time

without
even aiming.

...the quotes arent even correct, unless we are thinking of a
different churchill.

No ****!

That's what he was thinking though...

Bertie

I wonder if Churchill ever spent a whole day repeating everything

anyone
said to him, using a sarcastic, falsetto tone. That would have been
hilarious.

Hmmm, well he did die about the time Kenneth Williams became popular....

Bertie