Mentoring

Old February 14th 05, 01:07 AM
jsmith

Default Mentoring

Is anyone out there mentoring another pilot?
I have a friend I have been mentoring going on four years now.
Today we were reviewing aircraft and operating procedures for a Turbo
Arrow IV she will be taking on a trip next weekend.
Also, we reviewed avionics setups for instrument approaches.
We ususally fly together as safety pilot for each other once a month.

Old February 14th 05, 02:00 AM
Dudley Henriques

I'm not mentoring one now, but have done so many times in my career.
Probably many of us here have mentored at one time or another.

Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/CFI Retired
for private email; make necessary changes between ( )
dhenriques(at)(delete all this)earthlink(dot)net

Old February 14th 05, 02:13 AM
Jose

There is one new pilot I find myself on the mentoring end of, but not so
strongly I'd actually call it that.

Jose
Old February 14th 05, 04:22 AM
Jay Honeck

Is anyone out there mentoring another pilot?

I mentored my favorite pilot -- my wife, Mary -- from start to finish. I
learned as much as she did, methinks.

I've taken many people for their first plane ride, and I know one girl in
particular who started taking lessons after going for a ride with us.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 14th 05, 10:11 PM

jsmith wrote:
Is anyone out there mentoring another pilot?

I've done this for pilots that want to get into backcountry flying.
We usually do some brush up work on short/soft field procedures and
spot landings. Then we head out to a local short dirt strip with a
cliff on one end and a mountain on the other. If the can operate
safely out of there, then I take 'em along on my trips to MT and ID for
the real thing.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)