Rentals in Colorado

Old December 19th 03, 01:01 AM
PhyrePhox

I think Longmont was my favorite. I soloed there too. It's nice, no big
300 fpm down drafts like BJC. Just watch for people falling from the sky and
your alright. I'll be staying in Arvada so everything on the north side
will be close but I've got a pretty good lead from a guy at Front Range that
I'll probably be taking.

It's going to be nice flying at a proper altitude again.

Paul Davis

"SeeAndAvoid" wrote in message
ink.net...
Where exactly will you be staying, near Denver itself? Centennial is
probably the closest to Downtown Denver, and definitely closer if you're

on
the south side of Denver. If on the east side there's Aurora Airpark and
Front Range Airport. Then the others that have been mentioned, Jeffco,
Longmont, Boulder. There's also Erie (Specialty Aviation I believe it's
called), worth a look. Personally I try to pick the nearest airport to

base
(or rent) a plane, defeats the purpose having to drive over an hour to get
to your (an) airplane.
But I know people who do, I don't get it. Dont bother with clubs,
especially with your situation. Maybe they'd waive the club fee if you

take
the CFI with you?
If you're from here you probably know the inherent hazards, if any, at

each
airport. BJC-winds, APA-traffic and inept controllers,

Boulder-restrictive
pattern, possibly nasty winds, people/airport manager watching and waiting
to turn you in ,and glider activity, Erie-airpark residents have "our
airport, get out" attitude, FTG-very very close to Denver Intl,
Longmont-skydivers (I dont mind them, but you need to know they're there)

Chris

Old December 27th 03, 03:45 AM
Tune2828

i fly out of action aviation at front range, and they just merged with another
rental place, so they have a good selection of 172s, pipers, and an older but
comfy 182 i fly a lot.

it's not too far past denver int'l on 70, and even tho it's on the OTHER side
of DEN int'l from the city/downtown, i often get cleared right over DEN to
front range-FTG if DEN is landing north south runways.

2 ILS runways too.

www.ftg-airport.com -- the number's there somewhere

Colorado to Maine in a Amphibian Doug Owning 3 August 26th 04 04:32 AM
Air Force awards Colorado National Guard soldiers Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 June 24th 04 12:29 AM
Mountain flying instruction: McCall, Idaho, Colorado too! [email protected] General Aviation 0 March 26th 04 11:24 PM
Rentals at BUR Dan Katz Piloting 0 July 19th 03 06:38 PM
Rentals in Nern MI? Zack Sten Piloting 0 July 17th 03 05:57 PM