Aurora, Oregon Airport Info Needed

Old August 1st 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dennis Johnson

Default Aurora, Oregon Airport Info Needed

I'm going to park my airplane for a night or two at the Aurora, Oregon
airport (UAO) in a couple of weeks. I've only been there once before and
parked for a few hours in front of the Willamette Aviation FBO. They were
super friendly but didn't have a place to tie down; I rolled it off the
pavement and left it sitting on the grass. That was fine for an afternoon,
but for overnight, I'd prefer a tie down. I notice there are a number of
FBOs on the airport. Any recommendations for a tie down at Aurora, Oregon
for a night?

Thanks,
Dennis

Old August 1st 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gattman[_2_]

"Dennis Johnson" wrote in message
. ..
I'm going to park my airplane for a night or two at the Aurora, Oregon
airport (UAO) in a couple of weeks. I've only been there once before and
parked for a few hours in front of the Willamette Aviation FBO. They were
super friendly but didn't have a place to tie down; I rolled it off the
pavement and left it sitting on the grass. That was fine for an
afternoon, but for overnight, I'd prefer a tie down. I notice there are a
number of FBOs on the airport. Any recommendations for a tie down at
Aurora, Oregon for a night?

Every time I've been there there have been ample places to tie down, so you
might have been there coinciding with some event or another.

What I'd probably do (and I will now, after hearing your story) is call the
FBO before going and let them know you're coming and need to tie down.
Maybe they can advise you what's available or save a spot for you.

-Chris

Old August 2nd 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dennis Johnson

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info about overnight tie-downs at Aurora, Oregon. Are you
sure you were at Willamette Aviation, at the north end of the ramp? I was
there on a Saturday, so you're probably right that it was a special event.
I'll call ahead next time.

Thanks,
Dennis

Old August 2nd 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

"Dennis Johnson" wrote:

I'm going to park my airplane for a night or two at the Aurora, Oregon
airport (UAO) in a couple of weeks. I've only been there once before and
parked for a few hours in front of the Willamette Aviation FBO. They were
super friendly but didn't have a place to tie down; I rolled it off the
pavement and left it sitting on the grass. That was fine for an afternoon,
but for overnight, I'd prefer a tie down. I notice there are a number of
FBOs on the airport. Any recommendations for a tie down at Aurora, Oregon
for a night?

Thanks,
Dennis

Websites and phone numbers he

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KUAO

Ron Lee
Old August 2nd 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gattman[_2_]

"Dennis Johnson" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info about overnight tie-downs at Aurora, Oregon. Are you
sure you were at Willamette Aviation, at the north end of the ramp? I was
there on a Saturday, so you're probably right that it was a special event.
I'll call ahead next time.

I'm not sure what the FBO was, but it was mid-field. There's a helicopter
company there; it was south of that. They had a B-17, '24 and '25 there
pretty recently so there's at least that much tie-down space normally, but
it's the busiest non-towered airport in Oregon, so I imagine things can be
pretty dynamic.

-c

Old August 3rd 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dennis Johnson

"Gattman" wrote in message
I'm not sure what the FBO was, but it was mid-field. There's a
helicopter company there; it was south of that. They had a B-17, '24 and
'25 there pretty recently so there's at least that much tie-down space
normally, but it's the busiest non-towered airport in Oregon, so I imagine
things can be pretty dynamic.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the additional info. I'll call the FBOs and find out who has
overnight tiedown parking.

Thanks,
Dennis

Tow pilot needed in beautiful Central Oregon, USA WAVEGURU Soaring 0 June 27th 07 06:11 PM
HA-6 Carburetor Info needed Stu & Kathy Fields Rotorcraft 0 May 13th 04 06:02 PM
Info needed for SH3 Gralmk Naval Aviation 7 March 24th 04 07:18 AM
Web site info needed dave Home Built 1 December 3rd 03 04:12 AM
Web site info needed dave Owning 1 December 3rd 03 04:12 AM