Anybody flown - Apis or TST 10M gliders?

Old July 15th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Boulter

Default Anybody flown - Apis or TST 10M gliders?

Hi,

After comments from people flying these?

/daveb
Old July 15th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

By all reports they are very nice handling with ~? Libelle performance.
I hope I am not mistaken here as I have a deposit down on an "M".
Robert Mudd has been very positive- though he is their agent. There are
two up in Seattle area and the pilots seem satisfied. None have come up
on the used market, (unlike the Silent's), though I don't know how many
Apis are active in the us. (I believe AMS is manufacturing the fuse
for Alisport)

Seemed to me a great buy on a self launcher from a company with a
distinguished manufacturing history. And with wing panels of only 80# I
see a lot more flying in my future.
Getting up and away in even weak lift is going to be important to me.
Spending all day at the field is no longer available to me.

In no way the equal of the Teutonic masterpeices currently turned out,
but not at all a bad compromise I think.

I will let you know more when she shows up in Feb.

Mark Jardini

Old July 17th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad

Hi Dave,

I have over 250 hours on my Apis 13, about 25 hours on an Apis 15 and 1
flight in a TST Atlas.

I prefer the Apis to the TST. The craftsmanship is somewhat sloppy on
the Atlas, and it is suberb on the Apis.

The handling was nice on the Atlas, but I prefer the Apis.

Brad

Dave Boulter wrote:
Hi,

After comments from people flying these?

/daveb

Any pilots flown Alisport Silent2 Motor Gliders? Dave Boulter Simulators 0 July 7th 06 11:12 AM
Hanger and gliders hit by storm. [email protected] Soaring 6 February 1st 05 01:44 AM
Production rates? Ed Byars Soaring 38 November 24th 04 04:13 PM
Do you like gliders but hate FAA checkrides? Bruce Hoult Soaring 8 August 13th 04 05:14 PM
Underwater Gliders Burt Compton Soaring 6 November 25th 03 04:43 AM