Posting activity decline?

Old December 21st 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default Posting activity decline?

Is something wrong or was the last post here really on Friday?
Been gone awhile. Came back to check it out and I see no posting
activity for 1.5 days and wondering what's up.

Ricky...New P, will be A soon...(A&P)
Old December 21st 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:45:22 -0800 (PST), Ricky wrote in
:

Is something wrong or was the last post here really on Friday?
Been gone awhile. Came back to check it out and I see no posting
activity for 1.5 days and wondering what's up.

I haven't been paying attention closely enough to say.

Looking at the Google portrait of the group, there has
been a huge decline in posts in the last couple of months:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...ng/about?hl=en

Looking the group by December dates, I think the answer to
your question is "yes":

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.piloting/index/browse_frm/month/2008-12?hl=en&_done=%2Fgroup%2Frec.aviation.piloting%2F browse_frm%2Fmonth%2F2008-12%3Fhl%3Den%26scoring%3Dd%26start%3D250%26sa%3DN% 26&hl=en&scoring=d&start=250&sa=N

Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.
Old December 21st 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Dec 22, 8:28*am, "Martin X. Moleski, SJ"
wrote:

I haven't been paying attention closely enough to say.

Looking at the Google portrait of the group, there has
been a huge decline in posts in the last couple of months:

It comes and goes.
While there are few posts there are a number who browse the group and
respond when their particular interest comes up
Old December 21st 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Ricky" wrote in message
Is something wrong or was the last post here really on Friday?
Been gone awhile. Came back to check it out and I see no posting
activity for 1.5 days and wondering what's up.

Ricky...New P, will be A soon...(A&P)

r.a.p is dead...long live r.a.p.

Old December 21st 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Dec 21, 1:45*pm, Ricky wrote:
Is something wrong or was the last post here really on Friday?
Been gone awhile. Came back to check it out and I see no posting
activity for 1.5 days and wondering what's up.

Ricky...New P, will be A soon...(A&P)

Well, many thought Mx had contaminated the group, but then bertie and
maxi gave us a tutorial on true toxic typing. Those of us who wanted
content have mostly gone elsewhere, and check back in here once in a
while.

Old December 21st 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

george wrote:

It comes and goes.
While there are few posts there are a number who browse the group and
respond when their particular interest comes up

I see a huge decline overall in Usenet postings in all the groups I
participate in.

My guess is that more and more big providers are dropping more than alt.*...
Old December 22nd 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Well, many thought Mx had contaminated the group, but then bertie and
maxi gave us a tutorial on true toxic typing. Those of us who wanted
content have mostly gone elsewhere, and check back in here once in a
while.

Roger that. This is my first time here in weeks, and all I see are the same
old trolls that destroyed the group in the first place. Sadly, now that
they've driven off pretty much everyone, they've been reduced to spitting at
each other.

Ricky, I'm afraid you'll have to go through Google's archives to see what
this group once was.

:-(

Merry Christmas, all...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 22nd 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Monk

On Dec 21, 10:20*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
[...]

I'm still browsing.

Monk
Old December 22nd 08, 06:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:20:27 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

Well, many thought Mx had contaminated the group, but then bertie and
maxi gave us a tutorial on true toxic typing. Those of us who wanted
content have mostly gone elsewhere, and check back in here once in a
while.

Roger that. This is my first time here in weeks, and all I see are the same
old trolls that destroyed the group in the first place. Sadly, now that
they've driven off pretty much everyone, they've been reduced to spitting at
each other.

Ricky, I'm afraid you'll have to go through Google's archives to see what
this group once was.

:-(

Merry Christmas, all...

And to you. Usenet is it's archives, all in all; the rest is either fun,
folly or ****ed.
Old December 22nd 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

[...]

First -- happy holidays.

Second -- why do you think it's sad they are reduced to spending time
spitting at each other? All that's missing is we are not providing
them targets, that's not sad at all. We reduced their fun. If you
look back a few months when there were 3000 posts or so, I would guess
the order of 80% were exchanges among the trolls. Now that thy have no
audience those 2400 posts have been greatly reduced.