What the wife notices

Old April 25th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bush

Default What the wife notices

Whe we do drive the Wife's GMC Z-71 to Florida with a bunch of stuff
for one of our houses and we are getting low on fuel, I am careful not
to say "hey, there's a T&A"!

Have a great one!

Bush

On 23 Apr 2007 09:52:52 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

I thought this was pretty funny. My non-aviation wife has about 800
hours in the right seat but has never expressed any interest in
aviation or the airplane (other than being a good method to get to
cool places like the beach or a remote area of Mexico). Last night at
dinner she was able to rattle off almost the entire aviation phonetic
alphabet! I was blown away. She said she picked it up just passively
listening on the radio. Pretty funny! She mentioned how all the
letters are guy words (Whiskey, Golf, etc). I started thinking it
would be pretty funny to come up with a gal alphabet (apricot, blouse,
chrysanthemum, etc).

-Robert

Old April 25th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AustinMN

On Apr 23, 11:52 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:
I thought this was pretty funny. My non-aviation wife has about 800
hours in the right seat but has never expressed any interest in
aviation or the airplane (other than being a good method to get to
cool places like the beach or a remote area of Mexico). Last night at
dinner she was able to rattle off almost the entire aviation phonetic
alphabet! I was blown away. She said she picked it up just passively
listening on the radio. Pretty funny! She mentioned how all the
letters are guy words (Whiskey, Golf, etc). I started thinking it
would be pretty funny to come up with a gal alphabet (apricot, blouse,
chrysanthemum, etc).

-Robert

Well, there are some things we could come up with to get us in real
trouble...

Arse
Breasts
Cheeks
Deriere...

"That's not a girl alphabet, that's a guy's alphabet about GIRLS!"

Austin

Old April 28th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Robert M. Gary" wrote)
My Crayon box only had 8 Crayons. I have to defer to the wife on those
things, I think she has the 128 pack.

Plunk down "ish" at the end of each of those 8 colors and you're good up to
about 78 colors. The final 50 colors (in that 128 pack) are a mystery.

My guess is they have something to do with feelings...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._crayon_colors
List of Crayola crayon colors

1958. "Prussian Blue" name changed to "Midnight Blue" in response to
teachers' requests. Rumor has it that the Cold War influenced this as well.

1962. "Flesh" name voluntarily changed to "Peach", partially as a result of
the U. S. Civil Rights Movement.

1999: "Indian Red" is renamed "Chestnut" in response to educators who felt
some children wrongly perceived the crayon color was intended to represent
the skin color of Native Americans. The name originated from a reddish-brown
pigment found near India commonly used in fine artist oil paint.

Mont-BLACK