Hilarious

Old January 3rd 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

Default Hilarious

I agree with you. But the problem is that although I have no particular
affection for the character of the workers who have created this monster, we
lose the jobs for a long, long time. I am concerned about the future of the
country, and the job base here. I understand that many opportunities exist
now for our kids which we couldn't have dreamed of, but I worry about the
future with little to no manufacturing base.

What I mean is ----- Why should a consumer worry about "...purchasing that
quality at the expense of your fellow workers..." when the same workers
have demonstrated an unwillingness to contribute to the efficient
production of the product virtually causing the price to be artificially
inflated? ( "...the American companies have to pay their workers 60k -100k
per year, whether they work or not, and then support them in retirement in
that same standard of living for as long as thirty to forty years?...) I'm
just wondering how the two statements can be reconciled. Are the workers
entitled to work for 60-100k with defined benefit plans and sweet
retirement deals because they simply exist as workers or because they
actually contribute profitability to their company?

Old January 3rd 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

On Dec 31 2007, 3:29*pm, "muff528" wrote:
"Neil Gould" wrote in message

Recently, William Hung posted:

I think the US automakers have done a great job of turning around.

If it was a 360º turn, perhaps that explains why they're all tanking big
time.

Neil

Probably one of those "...three point reverse roll to knife-edge tactical
pitch-out" moves. Either that or they blew a tire and spun out. Who knows?
(apologies to Dudley :-))

I meant quality wise. The quality has improved significantly. Will
it save them? I don't know.

Wil
Old January 5th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

AJ wrote:
2 decades ago, alot of American car factories were shut down due to
the surge of Japanese cars and because of that alot of American
factories workers held resentment against Japanese cars, and the
situation only got better when Japanese automakers decide to open many
factories in America.

2 decades ago the Japanese got a strong foothold here because
Americans saw that the imports were well-made, tough and economical,
while the American product was mostly crap. Remember the Dodge Dart
and the K Car?

Oh yeah. When I moved to California in the 80s, I figured I really ought
to enjoy the opportunity to drive a convertible. The Chrysler Lebaron
was the only new one in my price range at the time. Took delivery, and
the next day returned to the dealer with a full page, typewritten, of
defects they need to fix. Starting with replacing the windshield (badly
orange peeled) and fixing the roof latch casting that broke the first
time I took the top down and put it back up.

And customer service? Took two hours of arguing to get the to give me a
loaner since I wasn't about to drive around in a car where I couldn't
secure the top. When I got in the van to go get the car, another
customer was sitting there looking shell-shocked. I asked him what was
up. He had shown up to pick his car up from the shop, and they told him
that they had accidentally torched it - burned it right up. Nice.

ObAviationContent: The empty lot next to this dealer is where a Westwind
bizjet augered in after being caught in the wake turbulence behind a 757
on approach into SNA, leading to the increased separation requirements
for traffic following 757s.