Fuel pump fittings

Old October 1st 04, 01:57 PM
GeorgeB

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:55:48 -0400, Evan Carew
wrote:

Dave,

Yeah, I've been to those exact pages, & will note for the record that
none of those pages mention an o-ring for sale, however, the pictures do
indicate that the parts come with said o-ring. If not, like I said, I
would like to know the particulars for when I go a calling the very well
informed A&S sales people (tongue firmly in cheek here).

OK, a hydraulic guy here ... don't know if oyu are after rubber type
or size.

These are what are normally called "SAE" fittings and use (usually) a
90 durometer nitirle material. It looks like they are SAE #6 (thread
is 3/8-24), but just for grins,

size thrd ID section
-4 7/16-20 .351 .072
-5 1/2-20 .414 .072
-6 9/16-20 .468 .078
-8 3/4-16 .644 .087

These do not appear to be in the AS568A dash number series but are
available at any fluid power fitting source.

George
Old October 1st 04, 04:44 PM
Evan Carew

Old October 2nd 04, 02:20 AM
Blueskies

All the fittings are he
http://www.parker.com/tfd/cat/pdffiles/C-Triple-Lok.pdf

Packings, seals and materials are he
http://www.parker.com/o-ring/Literature/00-5700.pdf

I work for Parker, so I am biased somewhat....

Old October 2nd 04, 11:56 AM
GeorgeB

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 01:20:11 GMT, "Blueskies" wrote:

All the fittings are he
http://www.parker.com/tfd/cat/pdffiles/C-Triple-Lok.pdf

Packings, seals and materials are he
http://www.parker.com/o-ring/Literature/00-5700.pdf

I work for Parker, so I am biased somewhat....

I worked for a Parker distributor and got the dims from that catalog.
You folks are GREAT.

I've since found that the SAE o-rings are to 568-9xx series where xx
is the 2 digit dash number (nominal tube OD in 1/16" units). I listed
the ones for the dimensions I gave below with the eimensions.

I had a feeling they were SAE threads as a common SAE tap set I have lying around fit the threads. Thanks also for the
info on the o-rings. Sometimes its difficult to get the kind of detailed info you need to talk to a salesperson who
doesn't know their product line. Its good to see that there are at least a few people who can help out on this subject
from this news group.

Yeah, I've been to those exact pages, & will note for the record that none of those pages mention an o-ring for sale,
however, the pictures do indicate that the parts come with said o-ring. If not, like I said, I would like to know the
particulars for when I go a calling the very well informed A&S sales people (tongue firmly in cheek here).

These are what are normally called "SAE" fittings and use (usually) a
90 durometer nitirle material. It looks like they are SAE #6 (thread
is 3/8-24), but just for grins,

size thrd ID section
-4 7/16-20 .351 .072

568-904

-5 1/2-20 .414 .072

568-905

-6 9/16-20 .468 .078

568-906

-8 3/4-16 .644 .087

568-908

Old October 3rd 04, 02:19 AM
Bob Olds

"Dave Hyde" wrote in message ...
Evan Carew wrote...

Yeah, I've been to those exact pages, & will note for the record that
none of those pages mention an o-ring for sale...

You might note that none of the fittings pictured are
simple 37 deg flare to NPT fittings - there's
a wider bearing surface for the O-ring/NPT end.
The Lycoming standard solution does _not_ appear to
be to stuff an O-ring over an NPT fitting, cut down
or otherwise.

Dave 'field mod' Hyde

That fuel punp fitting must have a nut to clamp down on the "O" ring.
This compresses the "O"ring and locks the fitting in place.

Bob Olds RV-4
A&P , EAA Tech. Counselor
Charleston,Arkansas

spaceship one Pianome Home Built 169 June 30th 04 05:47 AM
Anybody need a fuel transfer pump? Roy Smith Home Built 1 January 5th 04 05:53 PM
Yo! Fuel Tank! Veeduber Home Built 15 October 25th 03 02:57 AM
Pumping fuel backwards through an electric fuel pump Greg Reid Home Built 15 October 7th 03 07:09 PM
Christen Fuel Pump troubleshooting ShawnD2112 Aerobatics 4 August 17th 03 12:08 PM