President Bush's at EAA AirVenture, Friday

Old October 15th 04, 07:10 PM
D. Grunloh

Ron Natalie wrote:

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
In article , D. Grunloh says...

Did you also see that huge Russian transport that came in some years
back just before the fall of the the USSR? They brought it some
aerobatic planes and did a demo with apparently no load and
minumum fuel. It looked like a football field flying around
at Piper Cub speeds.

Hey Dan I saw that one as well maybe we can get EAA to do a Parade of Giantsat
the show next year. The Russian transport a 747, DC-10 B-52 etc.It would be neat
to see them all in the air at once doing passes down the runway. But maybe it's
just wishful thinking :-0

Hey, W made a low pass over the Wright Bros. centennial in AF-1. It was
kind of cool...I'd never had expected that the powers that be would have
ever allowed that, but Bush made his speech and departed in the helicopter
and a while later a B-2 made a low pass (and I'm just about recovered from
that) when AF-1 does the same thing.

Every pilot loves to buzz.

Hey,.. we're flying, and they are not.

--Dan

Old October 15th 04, 10:03 PM
Blueskies

"Richard Riley" wrote in message ...
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:08:55 GMT, "Blueskies" wrote:

:
:"Fitzair4" wrote in message ...
:
: President Bush to Speak at Oshkosh
: October 14 -- Wisconsin state Republican Party officials have rented a portion
: of Wittman Regional Airport, including two EAA AirVenture exhibit hangars, for
: President George W. Bush's Oshkosh campaign appearance on Friday, October 15.
: Organizers selected the Wittman site because of its location, the size of the
: facilities, which include the large EAA exhibit halls, and ample parking space
: for an expected crowd numbering in the thousands, as well as security needs
: surrounding presidential events. The campaign stop was selected earlier this
: week. The President is expected to arrive on the grounds in the late afternoon
: and give a speech to gathered supporters at about 5:20 p.m.
: As a nonprofit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code, EAA may
: not endorse political candidates, form political action committees or otherwise
: participate in political campaigns. Accordingly, EAA underscores the
: business-only nature of this rental arrangement. EAA is apprising the state's
: Democratic Party that such rental arrangements for event venues are available
: on an equal basis.
:
:
:
:
:Just try to fly in...

If Karl Rove had had any insight, he would have gotten AF1 to do a low
pass during Airventure, without GWB on board so it wouln't have
triggered a TFR. A Quantis 747 did a low pass about 10 years ago, it
was beautiful.

Don't want to spend my tax dollars on that...

The Qantas flyby is fine...

Old October 15th 04, 10:04 PM
Blueskies

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message m...
ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
[...]

Yup, the NoFly zone does not apply to the military hardware...

Old October 16th 04, 12:09 AM
Morgans

"D. Grunloh" wrote

Did you also see that huge Russian transport that came in some years
back just before the fall of the the USSR? They brought it some
aerobatic planes and did a demo with apparently no load and
minumum fuel. It looked like a football field flying around
at Piper Cub speeds.

--Dan

How did the speed compare to the C-5 that was there this year? It didn't
look right, to me. Something that big should NOT be able to fly, at least
that slowly! g
--
Jim in NC

---

Old October 16th 04, 02:52 AM
C.D.Damron

When Bush's C-5 baggage mover flew into Lexington, I was surprised at the
combination of high bank angle and slow speed. I'm sure that the size of
the aircraft has an effect on the visual, but I looked up and just thought
is was going to fall out of the sky.

Old October 16th 04, 03:10 AM
Morgans

"C.D.Damron" wrote in message
When Bush's C-5 baggage mover flew into Lexington, I was surprised at the
combination of high bank angle and slow speed. I'm sure that the size of
the aircraft has an effect on the visual, but I looked up and just thought
is was going to fall out of the sky.

Agreed. It flew a very nice demonstration at OSH, and I was impressed by
the same thing. Also, it is one thing to be next to it on display, but it
changes your impression of size, when you are almost beside it, engine
running. On the taxiway, when a Ford Tri-motor taxies past it under the
C-5's wing, it also gives you another big idea of the huge proportions. The
Tri motor is not small, either!
--
Jim in NC

---

Old October 16th 04, 03:41 AM
Dave S

Bush Jr's TFR would trump Kerry's non-tfr until after Kerry takes the
oath of office in early January.

smirk
Dave

Jim Weir wrote:

(StellaStar)

-
- President Bush to Speak at Oshkosh
- October 14 --
-
-Sho' nuff...
-
-Based on information from press reports, the president is scheduled
-to be in the area for an event at 5:20 p.m. local on Friday. AOPA
-anticipates that the notam will establish a large temporary flight
-restriction (TFR) limiting general aviation flight. Typically, these
-presidential travel-related TFRs are 60 nautical miles in diameter
-(30-nm radius) and contain one or more smaller general aviation no-fly
-zones. AOPA will post the notam on AOPA Online
-(
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/notams.html )

Could we somehow get to the Kerry campaign and have them rent another facility
on the field for the same day/time and have Kerry ask for a NON TFR (as is his
MO) and see whose TFR will win? That will be a telling dueling TFR and settle
once and for all this stupidity.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com

Old October 16th 04, 04:39 AM
Bob

"Dave S" wrote in message
news
Bush Jr's TFR would trump Kerry's non-tfr until after Kerry takes the oath
of office in early January.

I'm trying to get all this political stuff straightened out in my head so
I'll
know how to vote come November. Right now, we have one guy saying one thing.
Then the other guy says something else. Who to believe. Let me see; have I
got
this straight?
Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good...
Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad...
Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good...
Bush spends 87 billion in Iraq - bad...
Clinton imposes regime change in Serbia - good...
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...
Clinton bombs Christian Serbs on behalf of Muslim Albanian terrorists-
good...
Bush liberates 25 million from a genocidal dictator - bad...
Clinton bombs Chinese embassy - good...
Bush bombs terrorist camps - bad...
Clinton commits felonies while in office - good...
Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit - bad...
No mass graves found in Serbia - good...
No WMD found Iraq - bad...
Stock market crashes in 2000 under Clinton - good...
Economy on upswing under Bush - bad...
Clinton refuses to take custody of Bin Laden - good...
World Trade Centers fall under Bush - bad...
Clinton says Saddam has nukes - good...
Bush says Saddam has nukes - bad...
Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - good...
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...
Terrorist training in Afghanistan under Clinton - good...
Bush destroys training camps in Afghanistan - bad...
Milosevic not yet convicted - good...
Saddam turned over for trial - bad...
Ahh, it's so confusing!
Every year an independent tax watchdog group analyzes the average tax
burden
on Americans, and then calculates the "Tax Freedom Day". This is the day
after which the money you earn goes to you, not the government. This year,
tax
freedom day was April 11th. That's the earliest it has been since 1991.
It's
latest day ever was May 2nd, which occurred in 2000. Notice anything special
about those dates?
Recently, John Kerry gave a speech in which he claimed Americans are
actually
paying more taxes under Bush, despite the tax cuts. He gave no explanation
and
provided no data for this claim.
Another interesting fact: Both George Bush and John Kerry are wealthy men.
Bush owns only one home, his ranch in Texas. Kerry owns 4 mansions, all
worth
several million dollars. (His ski resort home in Idaho is an old barn
brought
over from Europe in pieces. Not your average A-frame).
Bush paid $250,000 in taxes this year; Kerry paid $90,000. Does that sound
right? The man who wants to raise your taxes obviously has figured out a way
avoid paying his own.

Old October 16th 04, 06:21 AM
D. Grunloh

Morgans wrote:

"D. Grunloh" wrote

Did you also see that huge Russian transport that came in some years
back just before the fall of the the USSR? They brought it some
aerobatic planes and did a demo with apparently no load and
minumum fuel. It looked like a football field flying around
at Piper Cub speeds.

--Dan

How did the speed compare to the C-5 that was there this year? It didn't
look right, to me. Something that big should NOT be able to fly, at least
that slowly! g
--
Jim in NC

Absolutely. The visual effect is mind blowing. The giant soviet transport
was actually a little slower. It was designed specifically for short field
operation
and for rough fields. It had huge flaps and slots. Also lots and lots of
tires.
A huge plane deliberately designed to be slightly larger than our's.

--Dan

---

Old October 16th 04, 05:36 PM
JDupre5762

Another interesting fact: Both George Bush and John Kerry are wealthy men.
Bush owns only one home, his ranch in Texas. Kerry owns 4 mansions, all
worth
several million dollars. (

Actually Kerry's second wife's first husband's trust fund owns all the "Kerry"
homes. Kerry does have part interest in a family owned island though.

John Dupre'

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Is Bush the Better Peace-With-Europe Candidate? Glenn Weinstein Home Built 13 August 31st 04 03:34 PM
Msg from CIVA President Col Aresti Big G Aerobatics 0 November 24th 03 05:00 PM