Happy 56th Birthday USAF!

Old September 18th 03, 07:03 PM
Yeff

Default Happy 56th Birthday USAF!

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!)
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one helluva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame. Hey!
Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

Minds of men fashioned a crate of thunder,
Sent it high into the blue;
Hands of men blasted the world asunder;
How they lived God only knew! (God only knew then!)
Souls of men dreaming of skies to conquer
Gave us wings, ever to soar!
With scouts before And bombers galore. Hey!
Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

Here's a toast to the host
Of those who love the vastness of the sky,
To a friend we send a message of his brother men who fly.
We drink to those who gave their all of old,
Then down we roar to score the rainbow's pot of gold.
A toast to the host of men we boast, the U.S. Air Force!

Zoom!

Off we go into the wild sky yonder,
Keep the wings level and true;
If you'd live to be a grey-haired wonder
Keep the nose out of the blue! (Out of the blue, boy!)
Flying men, guarding the nation's border,
We'll be there, followed by more!
In echelon we carry on. Hey!
Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

-----

-Jeff B. (Zoomie SIGINT Analyst, 84-94)
yeff at erols dot com
Old September 18th 03, 07:19 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Happy 56th Birthday USAF!
From: Yeff
Date: 9/18/03 11:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time

[...]

That's an Army Air Corps song. The Air Force stole it. In fact we shoulda
stuck with the Air Corp. The moment the Air Force took the props off the
planes it was all downhill from there. (sheesh)

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 18th 03, 08:01 PM

Yeff wrote:

--snippage--

-----

-Jeff B. (Zoomie SIGINT Analyst, 84-94)
yeff at erols dot com

Happy Birthday indeed. Of course, the navy has some ships nearly that
old:-)
Old September 18th 03, 09:09 PM
Bill Silvey

wrote in message

Yeff wrote:

--snippage--

-----

-Jeff B. (Zoomie SIGINT Analyst, 84-94)
yeff at erols dot com

Happy Birthday indeed. Of course, the navy has some ships nearly that
old:-)

Hell, the USAF's primary heavy bomber is *almost* as old as the service! :-)

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.

Old September 19th 03, 03:42 AM
Les Matheson

Hey Art, I just retired in '01 and my plane still had props.
--
Les
F-4C(WW),D,E,G(WW)/AC-130A/MC-130E EWO (ret)