Russian Military Technology

Old January 9th 04, 03:26 AM

"Paul J. Adam" wrote:

In message , Krztalizer
writes
Obviously you haven't watched an aircraft fire a cannon into the air at
night.
Basically, it looks like a little chain of pearls and yes its quite visible
from a ways off.

Is that tracer?

Nope - just big blobs of 20mm dancing off into the night. No tracer in the USN
A-7s and F-14s that I have seen shoot at night - the A-7 guy emptied his gun at
the moon in preparation for a night belly landing and we could clearly see each
individual 20mm in the long chain of shots. Quite dramatic, actually.

Wouldn't have guessed it - thanks for the info. (I was watching a 30mm
trial recently and while I could spot the vortex trail left by the
shells when I knew exactly where and when to look, in daylight the
shells were quite invisible if the tracer didn't function)

Me too, if it had been most any other than who it was I'd have
moved on...I know you can see the shock wave(?) of a .303 bullet
on a rifle range while looking through a 'spotting scope' (from
the shooter's position) but unless it's a tracer you cannot see
anything (day or night) with your unassisted sight. Gordon,
you're certain that that wasn't tracer are you?.
--

-Gord.
Old January 9th 04, 03:29 AM
Tank Fixer

In article ,
says...
(B2431) wrote
Hey, don't insult loons. They are nice birds.
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Germany 1920s = Russia 1990s

Tsar Vladimir Putin might be the man to watch on this century. Check
similarities between Russia in the 1990s and Germany in the 1920s.

Germany loses a big war, WW1.

So did Russia..

Russia losses a big war, Cold War.

Germany was very poor in the 1920s.
Russia was very poor in the 1990s

and the 1920's, 1930's, 1940's......

Anti-semitism in Germany in the 1920s and 1930s.
Anti-semitism in Russia in the 1990s and 2000s (check the russian
newspapers).

Anti-semitism in Russia, period.

Germany lost territories after WW1.
Russia (Soviet Union) lost territories (10 times the size of France)
after Cold War.

They wern't Rusia's to loose.

Germany a bad economy in the 1920s.
Russia a bad economy in the 1990s.

and the 1920's, 1930's, 1940's......

Germany and Prussia had a strong military heritage.
Russia has always had a strong military heritage.

Not.

Germans humiliated by foreign powers.
Russians humiliated by foreign powers.

humiliated by themselves for following a foriegner, Stalin.

Germans angry at the situation, almost losing faith.
Russians angry at the situation, almost losing faith.

Germany: a popular leader gets to power and restore the pride of
German people. The man almost conquers all Europe.

Russia: a popular leader gets to power, people like him, he likes
people. He promises to restore the former might and pride of Imperial
Russia. This man is trying to unite whole Europe, Western European
leaders love him. Yes, they love him. German Cancellor and Italian
Prime Minister are his admirers. Once the British kick Blair out, the
new Prime Minister will be friendly to Russia and Europe because that
is where England naturally belongs.

You realize you just equated your leader to HItler ?

--
When dealing with propaganda terminology one sometimes always speaks in
variable absolutes. This is not to be mistaken for an unbiased slant.
Old January 9th 04, 04:25 AM
Krztalizer

Gordon,
you're certain that that wasn't tracer are you?.

I am, actually. The A-7 is the one I frequently mention, on its way to a belly
flop on Al Masira in mid 1985. Gear wouldnt lock so the Boss ordered him to
get away from his deck - Masira was closest runway so off he went. On orders
from the boat, he pickeled both Sidewinders (now THAT was an interesting
sight!), then after a minute, rocked his nose back and hosed the sky with his
20mm - I can't imagine they were all tracers but from approx 15 NM, you could
see an unbroken chain of light bulbs, chugging up into the night sky. I saw a
Tomcat shoot once and don't recall the same sort of light show, but the
Corsair's burst was entirely visible. I think now would be a GREAT time for
one of our resident Navy pilot-types to come forward and 'splain if the A-7
really does carry tracer, or if this was a case where conditions made the
departing rounds more visible than usual - I honestly don't know but I just
can't picture that A-7 being loaded with tracers for a night DFW flight.

v/r
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR

Donate your memories - write a note on the back and send your old photos to a
reputable museum, don't take them with you when you're gone.

Old January 9th 04, 04:29 AM
Krztalizer

Wouldn't have guessed it - thanks for the info. (I was watching a 30mm
trial recently and while I could spot the vortex trail left by the
shells when I knew exactly where and when to look, in daylight the
shells were quite invisible if the tracer didn't function)

When the New Jersey came to take its frustrations out against San Clemente
island, we were overhead and offset by some 1.5 miles, we could see the rounds
in flight and feel the concussion. Mighty fun way to spend a couple hours in a
doorway.

"Range officer! That last one took down at least five goats! No...wait...one
is back up - FIRE FOR EFFECT!!"

Sick? Oh.... yes.

Old January 9th 04, 05:15 AM
Alejandro Magno

nt (Krztalizer) wrote

Hey, Mango, when did YOU visit Russia? Never? Then pipe down.

I have many Russian and Serbian friends. They tell me that zio-NATO
will pay with blood, with blood, with BLOOD, with BLOOD !!!! the
illegal bombing over the independent and Christian country of Serbia.
Zio-NATO is cursed.

I have never been in Holy Imperial Mother Russia, but I know all the
countries in Europe, all of them. I have been to Africa, too. Yes,
Africa: Detroit, London, Paris and Amsterdam.

Do you want me to show you my passport, so you can see how it has been
stamped ? Sorry, NO can DO, that is private information. Sorry .....

Why insist on using the term Tsar, when everything it represented CAUSED the
revolution in the first place? Russia under the Tsars was oppressive and
backward.

Vladimir Putin is the TSAR of all Holy Russias. He has the command of
GOD to be the Emperator of
http://www.imperium-europa.org .

The October Revolution was caused by those evil international
manipulators who, like parasites, suck money from Imperial Germany. It
is funny, because kikelandia = jewishlandia was not a formal state
until the end of the decade of 1940's. So, they do not have legal
right to demand "reparations" from Imperial Germany. The kikes were
citizens of Soviet Union, France, Germany, Norway, the Netherlands,
Belgium, Italy, Poland, etc..... No one was citizen of Israel. The
reparations had to go to the countries where those kikes were citizens
of. It is equivalent to the Arab countries and Israel asking the
Catholic Church for "reparations" due to the Crusades.

Soviet Union lost 20 million people. Out of those 20 million, 11
million were civilians. Kikelandia = Jewishlandia claims 6 million
vaporized, then Soviet Union deserves twice as much of "reparations"
from Germany.

Back on your medication, fruitcake. You don't "save" Europe by occupying
half
of it for 50 years.

Yes you do, look at Amsterdam, London and Paris. They are Muslim
African cities. Those cities will have to kick out many non-Europeans
before joining http://www.imperium-europa.org .

I ran out of medication. I need to get more.

Holy Imperial Mother Russia will be the star of Liberty, Freedom and
Christianity in the third millenium.

right after monkeys fly out of my ass.

Sure, there are a lot of monkeys in America, London, Amsterdam and
Paris. Choose your favorite language or accent. Are you telling me
that you have sex with monkeys ? I do not understand you, are you sure
English is your first language ?

Mango, you're delusional, and not in a good way.

Who is Mango ?
Do you suffer of Dislexia ?

I am Alessadro Magnus, The Emperator !!!!
Old January 9th 04, 05:16 AM

nt (Krztalizer) wrote:

Wouldn't have guessed it - thanks for the info. (I was watching a 30mm
trial recently and while I could spot the vortex trail left by the
shells when I knew exactly where and when to look, in daylight the
shells were quite invisible if the tracer didn't function)

When the New Jersey came to take its frustrations out against San Clemente
island, we were overhead and offset by some 1.5 miles, we could see the rounds
in flight and feel the concussion. Mighty fun way to spend a couple hours in a
doorway.

"Range officer! That last one took down at least five goats! No...wait...one
is back up - FIRE FOR EFFECT!!"

Sick? Oh.... yes.

Ok Gordon, thanks for the explanation, I certainly don't know for
sure but I find it strange that the rounds would be visible
unless they were tracer. Course I don't know anything about 20MM.

I know for sure that the belted .303 that we fired from the front
turret on Lancasters in the mid-fifties was tracer, (every fifth
round was at least), The rest were ball (FMJ) and looked like a
nearly solid line of red streaks from the guns to the water's
surface.

Something in line with your goats above, we'd often fly along the
beaches on Sable Island watching thousands of seals peeling into
the surf as they saw us coming along at low level. One of the
crew suggested that I go down to the turret and 'cull them', He
got only some dirty looks from the rest of us for his suggestion.
--

-Gord.
Old January 9th 04, 05:21 AM
Alejandro Magno

Schelkunchik,

Did you enjoy your Kosher burger ?
Did you enjoy your lemonade ?
Learn to respect your superiors.

I am your Emperator.

Alessandro Magnus III, The Emperator of http://www.imperium-europa.org
Old January 9th 04, 05:31 AM
Alejandro Magno

"Jarg" wrote
This is way out of line. You should be ashamed of yourself. And you are
undoubtedly in violation of your ISP agreement.

My ISP agreement ? What is that ?
Could you, please, be more specific ?
Please, enlight me, it is an order. I am your Emperator.

What does ISP stand for?
International Stupid People ?

I am not a member of that organization as you are. You and Keith "The
Ostrich" Willshaw can enjoy your ISP loser organization.

Alessandro Magnus III
http://www.imperium-europa.org
Old January 9th 04, 05:41 AM
Alejandro Magno

"John Keeney" wrote
Please quit feeding him.

Chicken ?

You guys started to make fun of Holy Russian Military Equipment.
Envy ?

You should think about respect before making fun of me and Mother
Russia.
Understood ?

Keith "the Ostrich" Willshaw thinks I am in Mexico, he cannot find his
ass with his two hands. Do you think he can find where I am ?

Alessandro Magnus III
Emperator of http://www.imperium-europa.org