Cessna 195, concluded

Old June 29th 10, 12:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_5_]

Default Cessna 195, concluded

end of the line.........

Old June 29th 10, 12:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jacques[_2_]

Great shots, sir. Could this aircraft have been built in the 30s? I had
never seen it before . . .

Thank you for the pics.

Jacques

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message
30...

end of the line.........

Old June 29th 10, 01:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Anyolmouse

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message
30...

end of the line.........

Thanks for posting them. My favorite is #3. I am a sucker for polished
aluminum and red paint.

--
We have met the enemy and he is us-- Pogo

Anyolmouse

Old June 29th 10, 03:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
cebo

In article ,
Mitchell Holman wrote:

end of the line.........

ThanQ Mitch, snagged some good shots
Old June 30th 10, 11:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"Jacques" wrote in
news
Great shots, sir. Could this aircraft have been built in the 30s? I
had never seen it before . . .

Late 1940s and through the '50s. It was built to meet an army spec but lost
out to the DHC-2 Beaver.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old June 30th 10, 01:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_5_]

Andrew Chaplin wrote in
:

"Jacques" wrote in
news
Great shots, sir. Could this aircraft have been built in the 30s? I
had never seen it before . . .

Late 1940s and through the '50s. It was built to meet an army spec but
lost out to the DHC-2 Beaver.

Actually the Army did buy some, calling it the LC-126,
but never in the numbers Cessna hoped. They advertized it
on the civilian market as the "Businessliner" but it was
not much of a success. It consumed more oil than the Beaver,
which I can relate from personal experience consumed a lot.
At every landing it was "fill the oil and check the gas"....

Old June 30th 10, 02:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jacques[_2_]

Thanks for the info . . .
My father probably would have said the same . . .being that he was a flight
engineer on many aircrafts of the period (50s and up until the early 60s)

He flew quite a bit in Canada's north resuppl;ying radar stations, and a lot
more . . .

Old July 1st 10, 02:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

Mitchell Holman wrote in
30:

Andrew Chaplin wrote in
:

"Jacques" wrote in
news
Great shots, sir. Could this aircraft have been built in the 30s? I
had never seen it before . . .

Late 1940s and through the '50s. It was built to meet an army spec but
lost out to the DHC-2 Beaver.

Actually the Army did buy some, calling it the LC-126,
but never in the numbers Cessna hoped. They advertized it
on the civilian market as the "Businessliner" but it was
not much of a success. It consumed more oil than the Beaver,
which I can relate from personal experience consumed a lot.
At every landing it was "fill the oil and check the gas"....

Crew in the Beaver, IIRC, could fill the oil reservoir while in flight.