J3, how many files are you uploading?

Old August 10th 08, 12:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Abc

Default J3, how many files are you uploading?

J3, how many files are you uploading? just to know!
Old August 10th 08, 01:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

Abc wrote:
J3, how many files are you uploading? just to know!

Too many, that's for sure.

Kind of selfish and inconsiderate to the many other great posters here.

JMHO,

JRW
Old August 10th 08, 01:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

JRW wrote in :

Abc wrote:
J3, how many files are you uploading? just to know!

Too many, that's for sure.

Kind of selfish and inconsiderate to the many other great posters here.

Thank goodness for killfiles.

Old August 10th 08, 01:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

Mitchell Holman wrote:
JRW wrote in :

Abc wrote:

J3, how many files are you uploading? just to know!

Too many, that's for sure.

Kind of selfish and inconsiderate to the many other great posters here.

Thank goodness for killfiles.

Yes, some people can be so selfish.
Noticed that you've moved to a few other groups in the meantime...lol

JRW
Old August 10th 08, 06:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RedPenguin

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:22:51 +0200, JRW wrote:

Abc wrote:
J3, how many files are you uploading? just to know!

Too many, that's for sure.

Kind of selfish and inconsiderate to the many other great posters here.

JMHO,

JRW

J3 (JRW), thanks for the post! It seems a few people here are too hung
up on how the files were posted, instead of the fact of what a
wonderful series of images this is. I think they're looking up the
wrong end of a gift horse - it's the only way you could see something
here you didn't like!

RedPenguin
Old August 10th 08, 07:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
J3

325 data files (rar) and 133 pars so you rebuild any rar which arrive
incomplete. All in ince uncompressed you will have just short of 5100
images broken down by mission number (ie STS-1, STS-2, etc)

Old August 10th 08, 07:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

Abc wrote:
J3, how many files are you uploading? just to know!

Too many, that's for sure.

Kind of selfish and inconsiderate to the many other great posters here.

JMHO,

JRW

J3 (JRW), thanks for the post! It seems a few people here are too hung
up on how the files were posted, instead of the fact of what a
wonderful series of images this is. I think they're looking up the
wrong end of a gift horse - it's the only way you could see something
here you didn't like!

RedPenguin

Ditto, it's nice to see something fresh. Unfortunately some people can't
view the flood because their newsreaders can't decode it and they won't
upgrade. They become rude, arrogant and obnoxious with the name calling.
Don't let them get to you. Sometimes they just start up for their own
bazaar selfish sense of entertainment.

Even though I'm a supporter of file types other than plain jane vanilla
JPG's, even I must admit that the different servers we use are having a
difficult time trying to digest the flood size.

I use Giggle News (Giganews) and prior to the flood all I saw were at best
a dozen or so replies/new posts combined daily. I know more is being posted
but I fail to see all of them. Occasionally a software reset brings a few
more into view. Anyone else experience this?

With the idiosyncrasies of the servers not to forget "some" people here, it
might be best to hold back on the amount of files your uploading at one
time.

Another idea might be to limit uploads to a hundred or so teasers and if
anyone wants more just email in ZIP form to them. That would keep the
servers happy and should ward off anymore people from screaming "witch"
around here. Plus, emails unlike news server posts generally get through
without loosing any content.

Excuse me while I re-adjust my asbestos underwear. I want to be prepared
when the flaming begins here. Anyone got a used Apollo heat shield for
sale? That might be better.
Old August 11th 08, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Abc wrote:
J3, how many files are you uploading? just to know!

Too many, that's for sure.

Kind of selfish and inconsiderate to the many other great posters here.

JMHO,

JRW

He asked first, and the answer was a unanimous yes.

Hiroshima '45 Chernobyl '86 Windows '95
Old August 11th 08, 07:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

Abc wrote:

J3, how many files are you uploading? just to know!

Too many, that's for sure.

Kind of selfish and inconsiderate to the many other great posters here.

JMHO,

JRW

He asked first, and the answer was a unanimous yes.

There is a difference in asking and showing intent. Where was the
unanimous YES? And no one would say yes to 5100 files all at once. That
is excessive and also pushes other posts off the server. I stand by that
it was inconsiderate. Again, what was the rush???

No one was dying in wait to receive the photos. That is NOT saying that
they were not appreciated, but he could have flooded reasonably, that's all.
Old August 11th 08, 08:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Abc wrote:

J3, how many files are you uploading? just to know!

Too many, that's for sure.

Kind of selfish and inconsiderate to the many other great posters here.

JMHO,

JRW

He asked first, and the answer was a unanimous yes.

There is a difference in asking and showing intent.

No there isn't. He said he was about to post them, and asked if
people would be interested. 3 people replied to the post with a yes
please.

Where was the unanimous YES?

Subject: Intent to Flood - NASA Shuttle Images (HiRes)

8/8/08 10:58am

And no one would say yes to 5100 files all at once.

He said he was going to flood, and nobody said "slowly please".

That is excessive and also pushes other posts off the server. I stand by that
it was inconsiderate. Again, what was the rush???

They're not at once, I'm seeing them spread over a few days.

No one was dying in wait to receive the photos. That is NOT saying that
they were not appreciated, but he could have flooded reasonably, that's all.

It's a lot easier if they're all available at once. No doubt some
parts will need reposts, if we have to wait two weeks to get the
whole lot, that could become tedious.

Never raise your hands to your kids.
It leaves your groin unprotected.

Successful conversion of .cai files to .igc files for OLC danlj Soaring 2 August 5th 07 02:45 PM
SUA Files Mike Hostage Soaring 1 November 17th 05 06:37 PM
Uploading CAI file from Cam 20 to OLC Roy Clark, B6 Soaring 25 May 26th 05 04:42 AM
IGC files Mal.com Soaring 0 February 24th 05 09:56 AM
Private vs Public keys and uploading Ed Davies Soaring 0 November 18th 03 12:02 PM