I wonder if Chris Thomas is a real pilot? Anybody know?

Old August 23rd 04, 03:10 PM
Matt Whiting

Stan Kap wrote:

Bush is an idiot, period.

Stan K.

They say it takes one to know one.

Matt

Old August 23rd 04, 03:13 PM
RobertR237

I am ****ed as hell at Bush but Kerry's voting record in the Senate is a
greater fear to me than four more years of Bush. I only wish there has

been an
honest choice for President this year.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

There was. It was four years ago when the Republican party allowed GW Bush &
Co. to drag his name through the mud.

Phil Williamson

Please, don't tell me you are talking about Al (I suddenly got religion) Gore.
What a friggen joke. He goes to Viet Nam as a journalist, never got close to
the fighting, suddenly got religion and sent back stateside to attend divinity
school only to drop out a few months later. Yes, he has a lot of room to throw
stones from inside his own glass house.

As for Kerry, he threw his medals away when it suited his purpose but now wants
to retrieve them and wear them as some sort of badge of honor. Sorry, you
threw them away and don't deserve to put them back on now.

Old August 23rd 04, 03:15 PM
RobertR237

I am ****ed as hell at Bush but Kerry's voting record in the Senate is a
greater fear to me than four more years of Bush. I only wish there has

been an
honest choice for President this year.

Bob Reed

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bob, Bob, Bob -

If being ****ed is therapeutic,
go for it.

If fear is your bag,
go for it.

Wishing for an honest choice???
Ask for an honest politician while your at it.

Barnyard BOb -
To ascertain if a politician is lying....
Check to see if his lips are moving,

You are absolutely RIGHT! I guess it just gives credit to that old saying...

You get what you pay for.

Old August 23rd 04, 07:21 PM
C J Campbell

Ah.

VOTE! Protect your freedom or we will take your money and clap you in jail!

One of the reasons we have such low turnout in a lot of local elections is
that we have an excessive number of elected officials who draw little or no
salary and who constantly run unopposed. Why go vote in special election #12
for this year when the only thing on the ballot is whether Joe Putz gets to
sit on the Parks board or not?

Old August 23rd 04, 07:46 PM
Russell Kent

Bob Reed dreamed:
I only wish there has been an honest choice for President this year.

Phil Williamson replied:
There was. It was four years ago when the Republican party allowed
GW Bush & Co. to drag his name through the mud.

Bob Reed responded:
Please, don't tell me you are talking about Al (I suddenly got religion)

Gore.
What a friggen joke. He goes to Viet Nam as a journalist, never got close

the fighting, suddenly got religion and sent back stateside to attend

divinity
school only to drop out a few months later. Yes, he has a lot of room to

throw
stones from inside his own glass house.

Bob,
While Phil's reply is obviously (and needlessly) vague, I suspect he might
have been referring to another potential Republican nominee, such as John
McCain or Bob Dole.

Phil,
Unless you simply enjoy being mysterious, perhaps you should clear the air.

Russell Kent

Old August 23rd 04, 10:16 PM
Ron Webb

I heard about some country where it was required to vote, it was the law.

Don't know where it was, though...

Scares the hell outa ME!

What is the benefit of voting, when you don't really know anything about
most of the issues?

It is important that everyone feel he has a voice in major decisions... but
it's more important that the decision be right. When a large number of
people who have no idea on the issues (or a skewed prospective) votes
because they were dragged into it, the "intelligence quotient" of the
resulting decision goes down.

If you don't think it's important to vote, then I say you are right. You
should by all means stay home.

I'd like to see controls on who votes.
Citizens? Damn Sure! How did we ever get to a place where non
citizens could even think about it???

Landowners? Sure! that's how it was originally.

ENGLISH Literacy testing? Sure! How can you know enough to form a meaningful
opinion if you can't read?

Poll taxes? Sure! $20 to vote would filter out all those who are not
even smart enough to provide for themselves.

Computer literacy? This is a new one, but in the world of tomorrow it will
be needed.

Old August 24th 04, 12:56 AM
BllFs6

It happens all the time. How many people only vote the party ticket? How many
voted for clinton because he wasn't Bush? I saw a street interview in 1992
where a girl said she voted for clinton because he answered the boxers or
briefs question. How many people voted fo Bush 2 because he wasn't al bore?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Heck....IIRC Bush the Junior was the FIRST presidential candidate in history
(or at least in "modern" times) to be voted into office that WASNT the taller
of two candidates!

With the implication that voters perception of height seems to overwhelm any
vote differences based on canditates issue positions or voter education....

Now THATS scary if true,,,,

take care

Blll

Old August 24th 04, 01:50 AM
Matt Whiting

Richard Riley wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:10:19 -0400, Matt Whiting
wrote:

:
:And not only do you vote, but they tell you who to vote for! Just like
:Chicago...

I thought in Chicago they just voted for you. Kind of eliminating the
middle man.

Well, that also. And they continue to vote for you even after you are
dead. I can't imagine how else the current mayor got into office. I
still can't believe he destroyed Meigs. I never got near there in my
airplane, but wish I'd have made the trip and landed there while I had
the chance. Neat airport being right by the water and the city like it was.

Matt

Old August 24th 04, 02:34 AM
Stan Kap

Gentlemen,

I didn't criticize any one of you, I only stated a fact about your selected
leader. I do not have to list any of Bush's bumblings, he makes a fool out
of himself everyday. I am fond of only one of his policies and that
concerns abortion. The rest of his decisions (which are probably not his to
begin with) are terrible.

I am not necessarily fond of Kerry either, and I wouldn't vote for Nader.
What's a shame is that this country can only have two people to choose from
when it comes time to elect a leader. But I guess that's what happens when
you live in a false democracy.

Sincerely,
Stan Kapushinski

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Stan Kap wrote:

Bush is an idiot, period.

Stan K.

They say it takes one to know one.

Matt

Pilot Error? Is it Mr. Damron? Badwater Bill Home Built 3 June 23rd 04 04:05 PM
sport pilot humor Occom Home Built 0 April 9th 04 04:22 PM
Single-Seat Accident Records (Was BD-5B) Ron Wanttaja Home Built 41 November 20th 03 05:39 AM
Effect of Light Sport on General Aviation Gilan Home Built 17 September 24th 03 06:11 AM