Bush is a Failure in War on Terror

Old June 25th 04, 12:08 PM
WalterM140

Default Bush is a Failure in War on Terror

Where to start?

"Tonight, I am instructing the leaders of the F.B.I., the C.I.A., the Homeland
Security and the Department of Defense to develop a Terrorist Threat
Integration Center, to merge and analyze all threat information in a single
location. Our government must have the very best information possible." Thus
spoke President Bush in the 2003 State of the Union address. A White House fact
sheet called the center "the next phase in the dramatic enhancement of the
government's counterterrorism effort."

[reported in today's NY Times]

But:

"Mr. Lehman also predicted that the [9/11] commission's final report would
include unanimous recommendations for change in the intelligence services,
which he said could not distinguish "between a bicycle crash and a train
wreck.""It is dysfunctional," he said. "It needs fundamental change, not just
tweaking and moving the deck chairs or the organization boxes around."-- NY
Times

Lehman of course was Secretary of the Navy under Reagan.

-- NY Times 6/20/04

Soooooooooo..... eighteen months after the 2003 SOTU address, our intelligence
apparatus can't tell the difference "between a bicycle crash and a train
wreck."

George Bush is a miserable failure. He has to go.

Walt
Old June 25th 04, 03:04 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Bush is a Failure in War on Terror
From: (WalterM140)
Date: 6/25/2004 4:08 AM Pacific Standard Time
[...]

Worst president in American history.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old June 25th 04, 03:59 PM
WalterM140

Lehman of course was Secretary of the Navy under Reagan.

-- NY Times 6/20/04

Soooooooooo..... eighteen months after the 2003 SOTU address, our
intelligence
apparatus can't tell the difference "between a bicycle crash and a train
wreck."

George Bush is a miserable failure. He has to go.

Walt

Worst president in American history.

Sure, Art. That's a no-brainer.

Now the Bush supporters are racking their brain trying to figure out some way
to brand Lehman as a leftie.

We are -less- safe now than we were 3 years ago.

BUT -- we have over 900 KIA in war on terror, so vote for Bush!

I'm sorry guys. He screwed you. He's the worst president ever.

Walt
Old June 30th 04, 12:49 PM
tscottme

"ian maclure" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:08:43 +0000, WalterM140 wrote:

Where to start?

Well, extracting your head from your fundamental orifice would
be progress.

[snip]

Soooooooooo..... eighteen months after the 2003 SOTU address, our

intelligence
apparatus can't tell the difference "between a bicycle crash and a train
wreck."

[snip]

And of course that one of the so-called investigators bears
no small part of the blame for not allowing intelligence
agencies to put the disparate parts of the puzzles(s)
together is entirely irrelevant.
Phew, am I glad you cleared that up.

IBM

I wonder if laying off 1/3 of the CIA in the 1990s contributed to not
connecting dots in 2001?

--
Scott

"I don't need to know very much about you or your ideas to know that if you
think Michael Moore is just great, a truth-teller and a much-needed tonic
for everything that is wrong in American life, you are not someone to take
seriously about anything of political consequence, or you are French. But I
repeat myself." - Jonah Goldberg

Old July 1st 04, 01:23 AM
WalterM140

if you
think Michael Moore is just great, a truth-teller and a much-needed tonic
for everything that is wrong in American life

That's not far from the truth.

Walt
Old July 1st 04, 02:00 AM
Brett

"ArtKramr" wrote:

The nation is now in a Moore frenzy.

And might have been news last week, Spiderman opened today

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve WalterM140 Military Aviation 196 June 14th 04 11:33 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM