5.7" Mirasol Android Device

Old March 2nd 12, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_2_]

Default 5.7" Mirasol Android Device

Is anyone exploring this device.
http://www.mirasoldisplays.com/koobe

Not sure how to get one, since they're only being sold in the Korean
market, but it looks like an intriguing option.

Cheers,
Craig

Old March 2nd 12, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S. Murry

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:20:20 -0600, Craig Funston
wrote:

Actually, if I read it right, they're being sold in Taiwan, not Korea.
I'll be there in 2 weeks. I'll see if I can find one...

--Stefan

--
Stefan Murry
Old March 2nd 12, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

On Mar 2, 10:20*am, "Craig Funston"
wrote:
Is anyone exploring this device.http://www.mirasoldisplays.com/koobe

Not sure how to get one, since they're only being sold in the Korean
market, but it looks like an intriguing option.

Cheers,
Craig

--
Using Opera's revolutionary email client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog...7622/?p1=blogs
contains a somewhat tedious video comparison of color e-readers but
the shots give an idea of readability in strong light.

Old March 2nd 12, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_2_]

wrote:

Actually, if I read it right, they're being sold in Taiwan, not Korea.
I'll be there in 2 weeks. I'll see if I can find one...

--Stefan
Is anyone exploring this device.
http://www.mirasoldisplays.com/koobe

Not sure how to get one, since they're only being sold in the Korean
market, but it looks like an intriguing option.

Cheers,
Craig

Indeed it does say Taiwan.. Not sure why the headline was "Korea's
leading content provider". Good hunting in Taiwan. Seems we're on the
device of the month program at this stage.

Thanks,
Craig

Old March 2nd 12, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S. Murry

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:34:40 -0600, Craig Funston
wrote:

We do a lot of business in Asia. Sadly, having absolutely misleading and
confusing information of all types related to products made there is part
of doing business. Wouldn't be surprised to find out they're actually
being sold in Thailand! Anyway, I sent an e-mail to my guys in Taiwan to
get the lowdown on these things. If they can find one, I'll take a look
at it when I'm there.

--Stefan

Old March 2nd 12, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_2_]

wrote:
Is anyone exploring this device.http://www.mirasoldisplays.com/koobe

Not sure how to get one, since they're only being sold in the Korean
market, but it looks like an intriguing option.

Cheers,
Craig

--
Using Opera's revolutionary email client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog...7622/?p1=blogs
contains a somewhat tedious video comparison of color e-readers but
the shots give an idea of readability in strong light.

Thanks Bill,

I saw the same video. Calling it the video tedious is being kind. At
about 13:00 you can get some idea of the reflectivity of the screen.

Craig

Old March 2nd 12, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Barnard[_2_]

Many of us in the mid-west U.S. just bought Dell Streak 5" Androids
($300 ebay). So far they look pretty good on Condor and outside at
home, but not flight tested yet. I tested my Droid-X 4.25" last year
for three flights and it was nice and easy to read. The Dell is
slightly better side-by-side at home, so we're pretty optimistic. Dell
also has 7" for you picture frame glass panel guys.
Old March 2nd 12, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

wrote:
Is anyone exploring this device.http://www.mirasoldisplays.com/koobe

Not sure how to get one, since they're only being sold in the Korean
market, but it looks like an intriguing option.

Cheers,
Craig

--
Using Opera's revolutionary email client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog...7622/?p1=blogs
contains a somewhat tedious video comparison of color e-readers but
the shots give an idea of readability in strong light.

Thanks Bill,

I saw the same video. *Calling it the video tedious is being kind. *At
about 13:00 you can get some idea of the reflectivity of the screen.

Craig

--
Using Opera's revolutionary email client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

A short video sales pitch. I am very interested to see how this
develops.

http://tinyurl.com/7lvl846

T8
Old March 3rd 12, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_37_]

wrote:
[...]

Wise to wait a year and then build a panel around a 7" Android tablet
featuring the display.

Mike

Android XC Soar Paul Besing Soaring 3 May 3rd 11 09:39 PM
New "Android" Tablet jsbrake[_2_] Soaring 4 March 28th 11 06:39 PM
Possible Android Tablet? Sean Fidler Soaring 1 February 8th 11 02:12 PM
Android App Mike[_36_] Soaring 8 July 14th 10 10:53 AM
"View Limiting Device" recommendations please [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 27 February 4th 08 02:25 AM