GAMIjectors

Old September 6th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

Default GAMIjectors

Has anybody here put GAMIjectors on their LYC. TIO-540? If so, how did you
like them?

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old September 6th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
Has anybody here put GAMIjectors on their LYC. TIO-540? If so, how did
you like them?

Try 'em - if you don't like them, GAMI will refund your money in full.

Deakin says that there is something in the Lycoming that just can't be
smoothed out (the balance?). The Lycoming fuel distribution setup is pretty
good to begin with, but given the average QC, you might be pleased.

Old September 7th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Matt Barrow" wrote:

The Lycoming fuel distribution setup is pretty good to begin with, but given
the average QC, you might be pleased.

It's too uneven in mine to run LOP.

GAMI says the lean test data needed for TCMs is not needed for LYCs. The
injectors need not be matched to particular cylinders; they just send you a
set that are already flow-matched and you put 'em in.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old September 7th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Matt Barrow" wrote:

The Lycoming fuel distribution setup is pretty good to begin with, but
given the average QC, you might be pleased.

It's too uneven in mine to run LOP.

GAMI says the lean test data needed for TCMs is not needed for LYCs. The
injectors need not be matched to particular cylinders; they just send you
a set that are already flow-matched and you put 'em in.

So, give them a try and see. If you don't like them, send them back.

I had a hangar neighbor who put them in his 2002 T182 (after hearing me blab
about them in my ex-Bo) and he was ecstatic about them. He did have some
"subconscious" hesitation about running LOP, but after a few tries he was
hooked.

Just some anecdote, his Lyc was okay to begin with, but he said that with
GAMI's it was "smooth as silk".

Take it with a grain of salt, but like I said, if they don't work, return
them.

Here's hoping!

--
Matt Barrow
Performance Homes, LLC.

Old September 7th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Matt Barrow wrote:

I had a hangar neighbor who put them in his 2002 T182 (after hearing me blab
about them in my ex-Bo) and he was ecstatic about them. He did have some
"subconscious" hesitation about running LOP, but after a few tries he was
hooked.

Yep, so did I about running LOP. I don't have GAMI's yet, may not need
them. I run LOP up to 75% and my plane is now in for it's annual. I
put six brand new Milleniums on last Septemner at the annual because I
got them for free. This years compression check...every cylinder 80/80.
Which I expected because I have a three year warranty on the cylinders.

Old September 7th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jon Woellhaf

"Newps" wrote
This years compression check...every cylinder 80/80.

How is that possible?

Old September 7th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
"Newps" wrote

This years compression check...every cylinder 80/80.

How is that possible?

My superior engine management techniques.

Old September 8th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Scott Skylane

Newps wrote:

Jon Woellhaf wrote:

"Newps" wrote

This years compression check...every cylinder 80/80.

How is that possible?

My superior engine management techniques.

If you plug the compression tester into the cylinder, but forget to open
the shutoff valve, both gauges read "80".

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old September 8th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 11:16:54 -0600, "Jon Woellhaf"
wrote:

"Newps" wrote
This years compression check...every cylinder 80/80.

How is that possible?

real simple with a wet top end and tight valves. a clapped-out R-985
will read 80/80 right up to the point when it reads 0/80 instead.

TC
Old September 8th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in message
. ..
"Newps" wrote
This years compression check...every cylinder 80/80.

How is that possible?

It's possible by NOT putting wear and stress on the rings, pistons, valves,
valve seats/guides, etc.

One thing about LOP is that not only do you NOT get lead fouling, your
cylinders have less internal pressure (and what pressure you do have is at
an optimal point in the pistons travel (you have a nice, smooth ignition at
the optimal point, not at a point where you put more stress on the
components).

When I traded in my TNIO-550 engined B36, it had 1816 hours since TBO
(recommended TBO is 1700 hrs) and the compressions were all 74-78 except
one cylinder that was 72. That 1800+ hours was all done within the past 4
1/2 years -- one thing that's deadly for engines is just sitting on the
ramp.