$340 Million Powerball

Old October 19th 05, 11:10 PM

Default $340 Million Powerball

5, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

--

FF

Old October 19th 05, 11:28 PM
Morgans

"Jim Burns" wrote

Now I feel depressed and lonely. I thought that you and I were the only
hold-outs left. Now I don't know what to do.

Nope. I haven't played the lotto, and will not be. Does that make you feel
better? g
--
Jim in NC

Old October 20th 05, 01:46 AM
Montblack

("Morgans" wrote)
Now I feel depressed and lonely. I thought that you and I were the only
hold-outs left. Now I don't know what to do.

Nope. I haven't played the lotto, and will not be. Does that make you
feel
better? g

Jim(s), you're still in if we win.

I'm off to buy the PowerBall tickets right now, my five dollars clutched
tightly in my fist - two of those are for (100%) Mont and (100%) Black. g

"P" Montblack

Old October 20th 05, 02:43 AM
Dale

Odds of winning a BIG lottery if you purchase one ticket in your lifetime:
1:308,000,000

Assuming a lifespan of 80 years, purchasing one ticket every day, the odds
of winning go up to something like 1:10,000. Now that's not so bad, is
it?

Jose
--

Jose, I think you may be wrong about the odds. If you buy a ticket every
day, the odds are the same each day 1:308,000,000. If you buy 10 tickets

Old October 20th 05, 04:15 AM
Jose

Jose, I think you may be wrong about the odds. If you buy a ticket every
day, the odds are the same each day 1:308,000,000. If you buy 10 tickets
each day the odds for each ticket to win is still the same.

You are right inasmuch as the odds are the same every day (not counting
the different number of people that buy tickets for any given game).
However, the more tickets you buy, the more your =overall= chance of
winning at =least= one game. For tiny chances, the increase is roughly
linear (there's such a small chance of winning more than once it can be
ignored).

Jose
Old October 20th 05, 04:34 AM
Peter R.

wrote:

5, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

The Lost numbers began with 4, not 5.

--
Peter

Old October 20th 05, 07:43 PM

Peter R. wrote:
wrote:

5, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

The Lost numbers began with 4, not 5.

Well duh! I don't want to crash!

--

FF

Old October 20th 05, 07:47 PM

Chris wrote:
"Montblack" wrote in message
It's airplane-buying time again. It's been almost 3 years!!

http://www.powerball.com/
$340 million dollar prize. Drawing on Wednesday evening.

You guys pay tax on the lottery! What a rip off!

I noticed on the website the guy who won $93m but only got $36m, talk about
being stiffed.

Our lottery pays out tax free and in a lump sum. None of this pay you over
20 years crap. You win $93m you get $93m.

Who runs your lottery, some sort of organized crime syndicate?
Because, I can't believe that a governmental agency would run one
as you describe.

--

FF

Old October 20th 05, 08:54 PM
Ghost

You guys pay tax on the lottery! What a rip off!

I noticed on the website the guy who won $93m but only got $36m, talk
about being stiffed.

Our lottery pays out tax free and in a lump sum. None of this pay you
over 20 years crap. You win $93m you get $93m.

Who runs your lottery, some sort of organized crime syndicate?
Because, I can't believe that a governmental agency would run one
as you describe.

Canada.. does not charge any tax on lottery winnings..
on interest earned, but not on amount won. Current 6-49 national Lottery is
currently up to around $30 million and the winner will get a cheque for all of it.

"Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you"
Dave Allen [1936 - 2005]
Old October 20th 05, 08:58 PM
W P Dixon

Yeah,
but you have to live in Canada

Patrick
student SP
aircraft structural mech
and couldn't win a bet on a one horse, horse race!!!